Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Applied Nov 19th 2010

Sent a CS email to London VO October 2011

Went in process 30th November 2011

Med request sent to my agent 1st December 2011

Agent decided to let me know on 21st of December, so now have less than a month to get new police checks from England (even though i have never lived there) and go to England to have medicals as there is no approved doctors in Jersey.

Oh well at least it's progress!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Applied Nov 19th 2010

Agent decided to let me know on 21st of December, so now have less than a month to get new police checks from England (even though i have never lived there) and go to England to have medicals as there is no approved doctors in Jersey.

Good Luck! Hope you get it sorted in time.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Applied Nov 19th 2010

Hi,

Congrats, that's an excellent timeline, seems quite a smooth ride for you. Well done mate!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Applied Nov 19th 2010

Wow that was fast compared to a lot of us!! Congratulations! What category did you apply under? Did you have a job arranged?
Old Dec 29th 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

FSW1

NOC 7241 (i think) Electrician not industrial.

To be honest i was just giving up hope. I checked 10 times a day from Feb when i got my ecas login and that started to diminish about july august when i hadn't heard a peep.

Going to phone the medical practitioners now to get some prices.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

I have a question for anyone that might know. ECAS changed our status to "In Process" but didn't update the timeline details once you click on it. Does that mean we are not truly in process? I am led to understand that once you are truly in process your application is genuinely being looked at and progress one way or the other is imminent.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 1:29 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 99problems
I have a question for anyone that might know. ECAS changed our status to "In Process" but didn't update the timeline details once you click on it. Does that mean we are not truly in process? I am led to understand that once you are truly in process your application is genuinely being looked at and progress one way or the other is imminent.
We have been in process since January 25th 2011. I don't think you are in real processing until the detail page on ecas has the entry 'and we started processing on......' Ours still shows 'pending review'
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

FSW1

NOC 7241 (i think) Electrician not industrial.

To be honest i was just giving up hope. I checked 10 times a day from Feb when i got my ecas login and that started to diminish about july august when i hadn't heard a peep.

Going to phone the medical practitioners now to get some prices.
Hi There I have applied under the same skill as yourself , We have also used an agent, can I ask who you used as we have still not heard anything from the London Embassy. As you can see from ourt timeline we appliied at the beginning of 2010. We have sent our own chase letters but have not had a reply yet from the Embassy.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Applied Nov 19th 2010

Hi Jerseytocanada
Back in 2009 when I applied for PR via FSW cat1, I submitted my application in March and was approved in Nov same year. My application must have landed in the 'lucky pile' if one exists.
All the best with your application looks like your on the home run now

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 2nd 2012 at 3:40 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:29 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, Happy New Year.
After what started off as a quite dredfull start to 2012 ( i wont go into it!) we got a letter today asking for our medicals and payment for residency!
As you will see from our timeline we appear to be one of the lucky ones thus far!!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Hi everyone, Happy New Year.
After what started off as a quite dredfull start to 2012 ( i wont go into it!) we got a letter today asking for our medicals and payment for residency!
As you will see from our timeline we appear to be one of the lucky ones thus far!!
Congratulations - it took just 13 months for us from submitting to gaining our passports with our PR visas.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Des and Chris
Congratulations - it took just 13 months for us from submitting to gaining our passports with our PR visas.
Hi,

Was just wondering, what got you through to getting PR visa's so fast?
What's your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Also, congratulations, a bit late but at least you must be settled now over in Canada

Bal
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes!

I used Global Visas. Have since read horror stories about them but not found them to be a problem myself.

Have our medicals booked for Next Friday. Good job i'm not superstitious!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:19 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi des.. Cheers for the reply. I noticed you were pre June 2010 so you did well on that timeline!! We are hoping to be approved/stamped by march/April which would be a similar 13 months. Here's hoping... Can I ask how does the passport bit work? Do you send them your passports or do you take then down, and does it involve an interview?

Hope you are enjoying Canada.

N
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hi,

Was just wondering, what got you through to getting PR visa's so fast?
What's your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Also, congratulations, a bit late but at least you must be settled now over in Canada

Bal
Hi Bal
Not sure if there is an easy answer or explanation to timelines as each application is processed on an individual basis and CIC requirements change a little year on year. It took me just 7 months to gain PR via FSW1 back in 2009
when the fast track system was first introduced.
Hope you hear positive news soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.