Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80

Yes you are correct our application was recieved 12th May in Sydney, 120 day email recieved on the 15th July. It seems to be taking a bit longer to get a response, suspect they are now being inundated with applications!
And all from people I suspect that have found themselves on THE LIST.

I suppose it may come down to quotas as we progress ?

JET
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

Sent mine on 17 June as well, have heard nothing back.

How do you check if a bank draft has been cashed?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steez1982
Sent mine on 17 June as well, have heard nothing back.

How do you check if a bank draft has been cashed?

Just ask your bank. I did that today. They said bank draft had been cashed on 17th July. The application was sent to CIO on 14th June.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Just ask your bank. I did that today. They said bank draft had been cashed on 17th July. The application was sent to CIO on 14th June.
Have you had an email from the CIO yet? I am trying to measure how long they are taking now as it used to be about a month but appears to be pushing out to two months based on recent experiences shared on this forum.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
Have you had an email from the CIO yet? I am trying to measure how long they are taking now as it used to be about a month but appears to be pushing out to two months based on recent experiences shared on this forum.
We still haven't heard from 20th May..................
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
We still haven't heard from 20th May..................
Oh dear! Have they cashed your draft? You read some postings referring to the paperwork being lost. Ours went off in early-May originally but they sent it all back after a month because we had not put N/A in a single empty box on the forms.

I hope you/we hear soon.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine was recieved on may 25th and i got my 120 letter via email today (july 28th)
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by unigirl1982
mine was recieved on may 25th and i got my 120 letter via email today (july 28th)
Congrats! Here's to pulling all the info together!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out ours was received on 25th May and we too got ours today. Yay!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Martin99
Nope, nothing at all to date. Just relieved to know the bankers draft has been cashed as we sent application by normal post so have spent the whole of June wondering whether CIO had received it!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Congrats! Here's to pulling all the info together!
I have all info collected and waiting to be sent off. If you send documents off as soon as you get 120 day letter, do they review it any sooner or wait until 120 days have lapsed.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
I have all info collected and waiting to be sent off. If you send documents off as soon as you get 120 day letter, do they review it any sooner or wait until 120 days have lapsed.
For us, they processed within a month of receiving the documentation, and we sent it back within 30 days of receiving the letter, so yes!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:29 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gryphea
Turns out ours was received on 25th May and we too got ours today. Yay!
Congratulations, our full package is almost ready to go, just waiting on new police checks, as I am currently in the Uk on holiday I arranged for the police checks to come to me here.

Will leave the full package with my mother in law to send off if they have not arrived before I leave.....
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

any more news anyone?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steez1982
any more news anyone?
Still waiting for my yes/no email from CIO. My FSW application was received by them in mid-June and they cashed my draft mid-July. I do not know whether it is good news if they have cashed the draft as they could always reject my application and cut me a new cheque!

Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.