Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by 99problems
We still have nothing following AOR 25 August 2010. 9 months elapsed so have sent case specific letter to chase progress. Appalling that they take your money and provide no signal of progress or timeline. A simple "no thanks" would almost be preferable.
It's so frustrating. Let us know when you hear back. My 9 month point is November this year so I'll just have to wait until then to enquire.......Good luck!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

winky297 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.. New to this forum... we are British, haved lived in the land of Oz for almost 5 years. Applied through Sydney NS in November through a Canadian Lawyer, they charged our card within 3 days, received letter saying we had been pre approved in early February and the application was now being sent to Sydney Australia for final processing, received notification from Sydney on 27 Feb that they had received the application, we moved to in process on 13th May and received notification yesterday for medicals and that we are not required for a selection interview.. have until 23 July to submit all the docs such as new police checks, Queensland driver history, and new passport pages, and a nice bank cheque for $980 CAD.
Reading through these forums this seems to be a quick turn around compared to many??

Does anyone know from meds being received at Visa Office how long from then until the PR is in the passports?? Just now trying to make plans as to when to head off.

We are hoping to end up in the Toronto area, also if anyone else on here has already made it there or is planning to head there be great to get some feedback.

Cheers....
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by winky297
Hi.. New to this forum... we are British, haved lived in the land of Oz for almost 5 years. Applied through Sydney NS in November through a Canadian Lawyer, they charged our card within 3 days, received letter saying we had been pre approved in early February and the application was now being sent to Sydney Australia for final processing, received notification from Sydney on 27 Feb that they had received the application, we moved to in process on 13th May and received notification yesterday for medicals and that we are not required for a selection interview.. have until 23 July to submit all the docs such as new police checks, Queensland driver history, and new passport pages, and a nice bank cheque for $980 CAD.
Reading through these forums this seems to be a quick turn around compared to many??

Does anyone know from meds being received at Visa Office how long from then until the PR is in the passports?? Just now trying to make plans as to when to head off.

We are hoping to end up in the Toronto area, also if anyone else on here has already made it there or is planning to head there be great to get some feedback.

Cheers....
Wow that is fast! I'm jealous! ;-) Which category did you apply under?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Jealous too but they went through Sydney, OZ for their processing - faster!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys,

The forum has been so calm that it seems all progress has been brought to unexpected stop. I don't know what CHC is really doing. Either they have place technical suspension on the handling of FSW applications or have decided to ignore it for sometime. Whatever their action, it may be termed "horrible". No hope of an end to this continuous dreaming. Though I want to wake up to reality that anytime of their (CHC) choice. This is definitely not good enough for this type of highly trusted organisation. Not all!!!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Lincoln United Kingdom but hope to settle in Kamloops B.C
diablorouge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Sun
Hello Guys,

The forum has been so calm that it seems all progress has been brought to unexpected stop. I don't know what CHC is really doing. Either they have place technical suspension on the handling of FSW applications or have decided to ignore it for sometime. Whatever their action, it may be termed "horrible". No hope of an end to this continuous dreaming. Though I want to wake up to reality that anytime of their (CHC) choice. This is definitely not good enough for this type of highly trusted organisation. Not all!!!
My wife and I just returned from our second recce trip to BC and after reading various threads today I am beginning to think we may have wasted our time and hard earned. It seems they are happy to take our money, and the healthy interest it must earn them, while still feeling they can treat us with a total lack of respect. We planned this 2nd trip at the end of last year thinking (naively as it turned out) that we would be able to land as part of the trip.

Then I come back to read of forum members receiving generic "Dear Sir / Madam" replies to letters or emails hardly gives the impression that you are being treated as an individual does it? And to end a mail with "Thank you for keeping your correspondence to a minimum"!! That's basically telling you not to bother getting back in touch with them surely? But hello we have all paid a sizeable sum to submit our applications, not to mention cost of police checks, notarising documentations etc. Where else would you be expected to put up with such shoddy treatment when you had placed your hard earned cash on the table?

I then read of someone applying from Australia and it takes hardly any time at all through their Sydney officel, perhaps they should help out the obviously overworked London office who are processing applications from places other than UK (don't even get me going on that one)

On our return trip to the UK we spoke to an Ex Pat Brit who was working at Vancouver airport and his view was that we would get quicker decisions if we were refugees, doesn't sound hopeful does it? I took a job here in the UK as a stop gap until we could make the move, I hate it, every day is a struggle to raise the enthusiasm to go in, but it seems like I will have to grin and bear it for a lot longer than expected which only makes the wait worse, as you all know getting a job at all these days is a struggle so I cant just quit.

Sorry for the rant but needed to blow off some frustration.

Midge

Last edited by diablorouge; Jun 26th 2011 at 9:22 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:53 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by diablorouge
My wife and I just returned from our second recce trip to BC and after reading various threads today I am beginning to think we may have wasted our time and hard earned. It seems they are happy to take our money, and the healthy interest it must earn them, while still feeling they can treat us with a total lack of respect. We planned this 2nd trip at the end of last year thinking (naively as it turned out) that we would be able to land as part of the trip.

Then I come back to read of forum members receiving generic "Dear Sir / Madam" replies to letters or emails hardly gives the impression that you are being treated as an individual does it? And to end a mail with "Thank you for keeping your correspondence to a minimum"!! That's basically telling you not to bother getting back in touch with them surely? But hello we have all paid a sizeable sum to submit our applications, not to mention cost of police checks, notarising documentations etc. Where else would you be expected to put up with such shoddy treatment when you had placed your hard earned cash on the table?

I then read of someone applying from Australia and it takes hardly any time at all through their Sydney officel, perhaps they should help out the obviously overworked London office who are processing applications from places other than UK (don't even get me going on that one)

On our return trip to the UK we spoke to an Ex Pat Brit who was working at Vancouver airport and his view was that we would get quicker decisions if we were refugees, doesn't sound hopeful does it? I took a job here in the UK as a stop gap until we could make the move, I hate it, every day is a struggle to raise the enthusiasm to go in, but it seems like I will have to grin and bear it for a lot longer than expected which only makes the wait worse, as you all know getting a job at all these days is a struggle so I cant just quit.

Sorry for the rant but needed to blow off some frustration.

Midge
The difference in processing time on average is 4 months between London and Sydney (16 to 12 ) for 80% of FSW1
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Markandstacey
This could be interesting we had to put all paperwork in from start with proof of funds, they want every little bit from the start

Proof of funds from bank and later on to!
Contracts and references from every place you have work from age of 18 (I'm 37) that's a lot of years in my trade

Ielts test results pass rate 6.5 out of 9 over 4 sections

Every holiday from the age of 18

Passport pictures

Passport photos

Trade papers

They say this will spend up visa's we will see

Only police check and Medicals to do!
Hi Mark and Stacey

I have just been following some of these threads, and we have done the same as you, with regard to having sent work history from age 18, copy contracts and references, bank statements, photos (4 each) etc and Ielts result. Ours has just been received by CIC Sydney this week, so yes it will be interesting to see how timelines unfold.
I am thrown by this 120 day letter everyone seems to receive..am I right that in the Wiki notes it says that this is not standard it is when they need more information or if information has been forgotten, that they write to request this and give people 120 days to submit it ? Not too sure but I am sure that's what I read..
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

winky297 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat-b
Wow that is fast! I'm jealous! ;-) Which category did you apply under?

Hi

We applied as FSW my husband is a heavy duty mechanic, we used an agent in Montreal who have been amazing, we had to submit the whole application on day one, Ielts, proof of funds, work refs and history, addresses we have lived at..... everything, the only thing we have had to update has been our new Aussie passports after we became citizens 6 months ago. Had our meds yesterday they were much more thorough than when we moved to Oz 5 years ago, my son, especially, was not happy with the testicle check!!!!
Anyway fingers crossed we hear back positive news soon so we can head off in time for some much missed snow.

Winky
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:55 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markandstacey

Ielts test results pass rate 6.5 out of 9 over 4 sections
Do you mean an overall score of 6.5 or you scored 6.5 in each section?
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Wow - our address disappeared from the ECAS page last week - which made me suspicious that some kind of 'movement' to my file might be underway, and sure enough... today we received our AOR by post!! Hurrah!

Got a new file no. which I am supposed to use from now on (B no. with 9 digits - simlar to our initial app no.) but this is not yet recognised on ECAS. If I use my UCI no - this shows as RBVO, pending review... but no address still.

Little uncertain of the wording of the letter. A couple of paragaphs in it says: "Before your applicatio can be placed in processing, a further determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a refund."

This has worried me a little - is this refering simply to the checking refs/papers stage, or is this another initial check? Has anyone else had this? OR....is this the new wording they use for post June apps??? I know the wording and links in my 120day email also felt as though they were newer versions aimed at post June apps...

Oh - well - still taking this as a step forward and celebrating this nonetheless!

Good luck all who are still waiting...
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

My docs are a week behind your docs to london, so fingers crossed there is another letter in the post upto Sheffield with my AOR next week!

The wording is typical government, designed to give you a heart attack lol!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdo1982
My docs are a week behind your docs to london, so fingers crossed there is another letter in the post upto Sheffield with my AOR next week!

The wording is typical government, designed to give you a heart attack lol!
Yep - best of luck Sdo - check if your ECAS address goes missing from the first page - seems to be within a week you get the AOR. I must say, this tiny bit of news has renewed my enthusiasm, which had, I admit, been flagging as of late...
Old Jul 10th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Address has vanished from ecas, so fingers crossed! Ironic really as we are on holiday in B.C and won't be able to open it if it arrives in the post.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Address has vanished from ecas, so fingers crossed! Ironic really as we are on holiday in B.C and won't be able to open it if it arrives in the post.
Looking good for you....fingers crossed x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.