Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba
Yep, found a phone number to call CIC in Nova Scotia directly and it worked. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
R u ringing from Canada to Canada ?? We are in the UK and have been told we cannot ring Sydney and chase things up?? Does anyone know if this is true?? We still have not got our confirmation and we are pretty hacked off with the CIC in Sydney.

So far we sent FSW Application in Feb 09, chased after 3 months. Told they had lost it (bank draft not cashed but we have proof Fedex delivered it) and to send in another. We did! They found the original and then cancelled the second one and we are still waiting for confirmation to send with all our documents to London. Now we are being told if we have any queries we must write to them and we are not allowed to ring from the UK? We were told in August via or Immigration Consultant that our application has been approved but we are still waiting for the confirmation. Its very frustrating as we have been in this limbo since Feb 09 now!!! Speedy process - I think not!!!!! - well not in our case
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samjr400
R u ringing from Canada to Canada ?? We are in the UK and have been told we cannot ring Sydney and chase things up?? Does anyone know if this is true?? We still have not got our confirmation and we are pretty hacked off with the CIC in Sydney.

So far we sent FSW Application in Feb 09, chased after 3 months. Told they had lost it (bank draft not cashed but we have proof Fedex delivered it) and to send in another. We did! They found the original and then cancelled the second one and we are still waiting for confirmation to send with all our documents to London. Now we are being told if we have any queries we must write to them and we are not allowed to ring from the UK? We were told in August via or Immigration Consultant that our application has been approved but we are still waiting for the confirmation. Its very frustrating as we have been in this limbo since Feb 09 now!!! Speedy process - I think not!!!!! - well not in our case
Wow, bad luck with that. It makes you wonder if these people realise what a life-changing process this is and how seriously it should be taken!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EVA3695
Thanks Charlie - couldnt have posted it better myself.!
We had ours done in Surrey BC, same checks as above but for only 2 children aged 10 and 7 ours worked out at $780...so similar price.
One further hurdle out of the way, lets hope we get some good news before Christmas ( eternal optimist I know.......!)
Well done Eva and Charlie. Another hurdle out of the way.

Cheers

Martin
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by humanist
Wow, bad luck with that. It makes you wonder if these people realise what a life-changing process this is and how seriously it should be taken!
I notice that you dropped off your full pack in London at the end of July. Does ECAS show that they have begun processing your file yet?

Cheers

Martin
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Martin99
I notice that you dropped off your full pack in London at the end of July. Does ECAS show that they have begun processing your file yet?

Cheers

Martin
Wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't, our AOR was 14/08/2009 and it still says "Received by visa office" yet others have their AOR's in September and theirs have changed already and had meds requests so it seems different speeds for different cases and not first come first served as such, pretty frustrating to say the least, patience is the name of the game with the ultimate prize....visas!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Quite, I noticed your timeline is almost identical to mine, we seem to be in the slower stream
Hopefully we should get our Meds soon
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Cheers

Martin
Nope, it still says 'Pending Review'

I'm going to start bombarding them with e-mails soon.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mags1972
Quite, I noticed your timeline is almost identical to mine, we seem to be in the slower stream
Hopefully we should get our Meds soon
Yep, here's hoping!

Does your online status say 'Pending Review'? Considering our full applications must have landed on their doormat on the same day I'd expect our statuses to be the same.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

i'm in a slow pile too.

7 weeks after dropping my documents into london by hand and still no AOR/ Ecas update or anything
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep, here's hoping!

Does your online status say 'Pending Review'? Considering our full applications must have landed on their doormat on the same day I'd expect our statuses to be the same.
Mine just says "Received by visa office" which is pretty much the same I think!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chanceUK
i'm in a slow pile too.

7 weeks after dropping my documents into london by hand and still no AOR/ Ecas update or anything
You should receive your AOR any time soon, our ECAS didn't change to Received by visa office until the Tues after we got our AOR, apparently they only update on a Tuesday
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mags1972
You should receive your AOR any time soon, our ECAS didn't change to Received by visa office until the Tues after we got our AOR, apparently they only update on a Tuesday
I am beginning to notice a trend. It appears that they are not processing FSW category 1 applicants as fast as the other FSW categories. I cannot work out why.

Humanist, are you category 1 as well?

Cheers

Martin

Last edited by Martin99; Oct 22nd 2009 at 2:54 am. Reason: typo
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

I am beginning to notice a trend. It appears that they are not processing FSW category 1 applicants as fast as the other FSW categories. I cannot work out why.

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin,

No, I'm category 3, maybe there's some other reason for the delay.

Regards,

Tim (aka Humanist)
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Martin
I'm CAt 1 though
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Martin
It could be taking a little longer to reach each stage as more & more applications are made via this route ( as LMO's for TWP's become harder to obtain ) as it was only brought in at the back end of 2008 and it was Jan /Feb 2009 when the first applications started to surface via FSW cat1 so its not been up & running a year yet. CIC state 6-12 months processing timeline so it may be the lucky ones who applied earlier that will be nearer the 6 month mark and as time goes on most applications will be nearer the 12 month mark . Still compared to the old skilled worker application system which was took 6-48 months the new FSW cat1 is a much quicker option .

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Oct 22nd 2009 at 3:43 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.