Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Eager2bBC
Just a quick question - is there a reason everyone seems to hand deliver their forms to CIC in London? Is post that unreliable or is it more of a 2 birds with one stone thing?
I took mine in by hand for two reasons. Firstly, there are a series of postal strikes going on. Secondly, I just wanted the comfort of knowing that the file was actually there, having spent so long putting it together!!

Cheers

Martin
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm new here, I'm from the Australian forum.

I'm just a bit confused about the Immigration office that process the documents. If I apply in Sydney, will I get the visa from them? It's just because I have read something about sending the documents to London.

I'm from Colombia actually.

Daniel
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
Hi,

I'm new here, I'm from the Australian forum.

I'm just a bit confused about the Immigration office that process the documents. If I apply in Sydney, will I get the visa from them? It's just because I have read something about sending the documents to London.

I'm from Colombia actually.

Daniel
when applying for canadian permanent residence visa, the initial application is sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia (in canada) for an initial assessment. If approved, you send the whole application to your local office. For this website, most people are from the UK and use the london visa office.

hope this helps
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told today by CIC that Sydney are currently processing applications received on 28th August. Which means that mine which was sent and signed for by them on 24th July seems to have gone missing!

And the frustrating thing is that I can't do anything about it yet as I have to wait another month for Sydney to check into it to see if they can find our paperwork. No doubt when I call again in another month I will simply be told to cancel the draft and to resubmit everything and I'll be back to the bottom of the pile. Doh!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brunti
I was told today by CIC that Sydney are currently processing applications received on 28th August. Which means that mine which was sent and signed for by them on 24th July seems to have gone missing!

And the frustrating thing is that I can't do anything about it yet as I have to wait another month for Sydney to check into it to see if they can find our paperwork. No doubt when I call again in another month I will simply be told to cancel the draft and to resubmit everything and I'll be back to the bottom of the pile. Doh!!!!
They are having a few teething problems I believe!!! We have been waiting for ages as ours got lost too, then they found it ! It's annoying but we gotta keep plodding on!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

I am curious as to whether they have cashed your bank draft. Have you checked with your bank?

Cheers

Martin
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

GERA is on a distinguished road

I am very dissapointed with this news!!I have been skipped
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
I am curious as to whether they have cashed your bank draft. Have you checked with your bank?

Cheers

Martin
Yeah I've checked with my bank, it hasn't been cashed.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Hi, I also called CIC this morning and was told that they are processing applications from 28 Aug. We posted ours on 21st Aug and were ringing to check whether or not it has ever arrived! They were unable to tell us for sure and said to ring back in 2 weeks. Our bank draft hasn't been cashed either??? Would be nice to know if we should cancel the bankers draft and re-apply or if they actually have our application sitting on a desk somewhere!

Julie
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julietaba
Hi, I also called CIC this morning and was told that they are processing applications from 28 Aug. We posted ours on 21st Aug and were ringing to check whether or not it has ever arrived! They were unable to tell us for sure and said to ring back in 2 weeks. Our bank draft hasn't been cashed either??? Would be nice to know if we should cancel the bankers draft and re-apply or if they actually have our application sitting on a desk somewhere!

Julie

I take it that you are all checking in with CIO SydneyNS and not London I have the problem that my full app has gone to London UK and is not registering as being delivered not status update or anything
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:39 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

In case anyone wants a timeline comparison for the next 6, 12, 18 ...months, I sent my FSW Cat 1 application to Sydney, N.S. today, 20th Oct 2009.

Patience is a virtue, so I hear!

Bali
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I take it that you are all checking in with CIO SydneyNS and not London I have the problem that my full app has gone to London UK and is not registering as being delivered not status update or anything
Yep, found a phone number to call CIC in Nova Scotia directly and it worked. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah I've checked with my bank, it hasn't been cashed.
What a pain!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:21 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We had our medical's today......
Total cost $970 plus courier fee to the UK.

2 x adults
3 x children aged 9, 11 and 13.

There was a lot of form filling, urine sample from us all, followed by weight, height, BP and medical history. We then had to go and have X rays and blood taken, this was at another building, only the adults had the blood taken and the youngest did not have an x ray.

All fairly painless apart from the waiting and trying to explain to kids how to pee in a cup.
Took about 3.5 and we broke for lunch in the middle.

The x ray and blood test result will be sent back to the original doctor who will then send everything on to London. Not sure how long we will have to wait for everything to arrive in London? So fingers crossed.

Good luck EVA3695 whose family had their medical's yesterday!

Last edited by purple80; Oct 20th 2009 at 12:29 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

EVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant futureEVA3695 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi,
We had our medical's today......
Total cost $970 plus courier fee to the UK.

2 x adults
3 x children aged 9, 11 and 13.

There was a lot of form filling, urine sample from us all, followed by weight, height, BP and medical history. We then had to go and have X rays and blood taken, this was at another building, only the adults had the blood taken and the youngest did not have an x ray.

All fairly painless apart from the waiting and trying to explain to kids how to pee in a cup.
Took about 3.5 and we broke for lunch in the middle.

The x ray and blood test result will be sent back to the original doctor who will then send everything on to London. Not sure how long we will have to wait for everything to arrive in London? So fingers crossed.

Good luck EVA3695 whose family had their medical's yesterday!
Thanks Charlie - couldnt have posted it better myself.!
We had ours done in Surrey BC, same checks as above but for only 2 children aged 10 and 7 ours worked out at $780...so similar price.
One further hurdle out of the way, lets hope we get some good news before Christmas ( eternal optimist I know.......!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.