Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:15 am
Just Joined

asitoja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi! I just learned that my E-Cas has changed to "In Process" on August 19, 2010, may I ask how long from this period you received your medical request.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
Hi all - just wanted to update on my timeline - finally got med requests. Very happy! 13 months and 2 weeks later
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scents60
Thanks Kaye, it was a bit of a down to earth with a bump as I was hyped after the card was charged.

My preference would be Halifax but I'd also heard that they are the toughest. I have spent a fair amount of time in Cape Breton but am not so sure about work prospects there.

Fingers crossed for you and your application
Thanks, Scents. Hope you find an alternative route that will work for you.

Just goes to show that having your payment taken isn't evidence of success. I thought too that they would only take it if you had passed the first stage....

I think it is worth you speaking to the RDA at Sydney as a first step. It's definitely worth a shot.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Just found out we went to In Process on the 16th of August! YAY!

I sincerely hope they bring on those med requests soon....

Another step closer to Nova Scotia!

LL x
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. We will only be staying for a couple of weeks as we have to return to wrap up my business before we can move permanently.

Cheers

Martin
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scents60
Congratulations Martin, hope it all goes well.

Just received an email rejecting the application on the basis of not having 1 year continuous employment of NOC job 0631 (experience was split between 2 jobs with a 1 month gap), having spoken to a consultant previously they didn't think it would be an issue.

Not quite sure where to go from here as the experience now falls outside of the 10 years anyway. I guess time for some contemplation as getting a job offer with LMO is unlikely in my current line of work.

I'm looking at the PNP community stream for Nova Scotia as an option but not sure how to even start going about it. I've been out to NS in the Halifax and Sydney areas for 3 visits over the last 3 years and have a couple of friends over there, any ideas on how best to approach this would be gratefully received.
Very sorry to hear that. I would post a new general question on the immigration board asking for ideas as it can be amazing the feedback you receive.

Good luck

Martin
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Aslan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. We will only be staying for a couple of weeks as we have to return to wrap up my business before we can move permanently.

Cheers

Martin
All the best on your new adventure!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aslan
All the best on your new adventure!
Many thanks
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Just a brief note to say that we land later this week!

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin,

Just to say 'Good Luck' and wish you every happiness in your bright new future

Binty
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:43 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a brief note to say that we land later this week!

Cheers

Martin
Great - have a good time & I hope the UK final preps go well so you can move quickly
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like my dream is over

Received an email back from CIO Sydney in response to an enquiry I sent a couple of weeks ago. They say that based on the information I gave them they have no record of having received my application. This is despite the fact that FedEx say they delivered my application to CIO Sydney on April 30.

It appears my application has gone missing and yet my bank tells me my international bank draft has been debited.

Don't know what to do next and wish that sinking feeling in my stomach would go away . . .
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:55 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jpod

Received an email back from CIO Sydney in response to an enquiry I sent a couple of weeks ago. They say that based on the information I gave them they have no record of having received my application. This is despite the fact that FedEx say they delivered my application to CIO Sydney on April 30.

It appears my application has gone missing and yet my bank tells me my international bank draft has been debited.

Don't know what to do next and wish that sinking feeling in my stomach would go away . . .
Sorry to hear that.
I don't know much about the bank draft business, but getting as much info from the bank as to where & when it was deposited & by whom might help, ditto the fedex details - apols if you have already tried this, but if not perhaps a further written representation with as much evidence as you can find that they must have it, just not yet found it.
Got to be worth a try?

Bali
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

based on the information I gave them they have no record of having received my application.
50p Says that they only checked the pile of still to be processed, so I would guess that they got the e-mail from you after you had been processed.
They have to process the paperwork before taking payment, so you may have been processed a number of weeks before the draft was cashed, and dont forget the draft can take a week to clear as well, so then the date your bank gave you for it being cashed could easily be several weeks after the paperwork was thrown in the pile for letters/emails to be sent out.

If i was in your shoes, I would find out as much info from you bank as I could, then maybe give them a call on the number a few pages ago.

Im sure your 120 Day letter / email is on its way Remember the panic about how long it took them to cash the drafts, and it all turned out ok in the end... Just like to make it as stressful as they can if you ask me!

Last edited by sdo1982; Aug 26th 2010 at 6:58 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Jools, hi

You gave them the Fedex ref number - yes? That is what we have provided in correspondence and CIO confirmed receipt of our papers from that number. Having said that they seem to be a bit chaotic at the moment, with new staff being trained and an influx of pre-list change applications. It may be that they just can't find it at the moment - not that it is lost forever.

It doesn't make sense anyway - if they have cashed the money they must have the application? If they have lost it since the encashment, surely they will allow you to send duplicate papers and treat the application as made 30 April?

What solution/suggestions did they offer?

Don't know what email you used but is it definitely CIO and not London it has gone through to (sorry, don't know what you used, whether it was a general enquiry email or what).

Throwing ideas in the air here - if you don't mind, may be useful to post the text of the emails (or PM me/you have my email).

F
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Just checked my bank and our payment has finally been taken!!

Trying not to get too excited bearing in mind the recent experiences of other posters, but at least it means it's moving forward so we should know one way or the other very soon...

Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Great news! Reading over a few forums its on average 22 days to get the 120 day email at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.