Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by amrskipro
I am on implied status at the moment as I have not heard back from CIC regarding my change of status application (TWP to visitor) and I do not anticipate having any problems when I go to flag pole to activate my PR as I have proof that I applied (all the paperwork copies plus the mailing receipt) and I also anticipate that my application will have been opened and registered in the 'system' by then.
Were you applying as Cat 2 with your work permit as proof of arranged employment? If so, how can you convert to a visitor, won't that just invalidate everything?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:10 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, lots of recent progress - congrats everyone

Originally Posted by lovekan
hi

my e-case changed to " received by visa office" today a swell..

so whats next ??
Originally Posted by shazza69
i love my postman today he brought me the brown envelope with my AOR letter in it and new file number....im sooooo excited, time to update my timeline. x
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

Congratulations to those of you who are still moving forward through the process

Quickie: I'm going to drop off my full pack (following 120 day email), to London in the next 2 weeks. I think I need to drop it to:

38 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 4AA

Can anyone who's done this confirm?

Thanks
Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
120 day letter arrived this afternoon via email, all being well everything will be posted tomorrow expressed signed delivery
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:04 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Were you applying as Cat 2 with your work permit as proof of arranged employment? If so, how can you convert to a visitor, won't that just invalidate everything?
No I am Cat 1 - but changing from sponsored seasonal (Ski Instructor) to visitor as I needed to stay here for a knee operation (better surgeon and better weather). Does not affect FSW at all as far as I have been advised.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amrskipro
No I am Cat 1 - but changing from sponsored seasonal (Ski Instructor) to visitor as I needed to stay here for a knee operation (better surgeon and better weather). Does not affect FSW at all as far as I have been advised.
Surely you'd need to prove you have the money to support yourself though without employment, unless you still have the job offer thing?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:38 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely you'd need to prove you have the money to support yourself though without employment, unless you still have the job offer thing?
Cat 1 has nothing to do with a job offer - it is related to proven skills, qualifications and experience that meets Canada's shortages (ie the published FSW NOC list) and I proved that I have sufficient funds on my application to CIC.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

lovekan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Wow, lots of recent progress - congrats everyone
how much time does it take for oyu to get teh AOR after the ecase changes
"documents received by visa office" ??
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted so should be there for Monday 26th July, can't wait for the next stage
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Good luck Silverdragon!

Anyway I did some more digging and it turns out my LMO has expired according to this document.

3. I have already received a positive LMO that has an expiry date that is longer than 6 months. Do I have to reapply for a LMO?

All LMOs issued before May 19, 2009, will expire on November 28, 2009. This means that if a worker has not applied for a work permit by November 28, the LMO is no longer valid and you must apply for a new LMO, if you still wish to hire a foreign worker.

Employers with confirmed LMOs issued prior to May 19, 2009 should encourage their foreign workers to apply for their work permit before November 28, 2009.
I hate the way they backtrack...

Also my employer has declared that he refuses to get me a second LMO so things aren't looking great for me.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:08 am
Just Joined

scents60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yippee .............. I have NEVER been so glad to see a charge appear on my credit card. Now to start sorting out the paperwork in preparation of my 120 day email.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scents60
Yippee .............. I have NEVER been so glad to see a charge appear on my credit card. Now to start sorting out the paperwork in preparation of my 120 day email.
Took us about 21 days to get 120 day letter
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

scents60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Took us about 21 days to get 120 day letter
Thanks for the heads up, it's a few extra days to start getting info together.

I really was expecting to get the pack returned to me rejected because it had taken so long. MASSIVE relief to see the card charged.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:56 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Silverdragon!

Anyway I did some more digging and it turns out my LMO has expired according to this document.

I hate the way they backtrack...

Also my employer has declared that he refuses to get me a second LMO so things aren't looking great for me.
Why have they refused? That is a bit shitty of them.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Just because they aren't happy anymore with the arrangement and would prefer me to work elsewhere instead of being stuck with them. We're just small time Web Developers and things didn't work out as well as we hoped, which has made things uncomfortable because I'm not getting the salary originally specified on the LMO. I'm NOC 2174 and you'll find the avg salary for that is *very* high. I have the skills just because we're small the salary doesn't show that.

The problem with the LMO/TWP system it fails to account for the fact jobs are just created by people so prone to problems and things arising in the future you didn't expect... and I think he just doesn't want to be involved in promising things to the government he might not be able to deliver. That said we're planning to work hard on our latest project to try and really get things going, so with a lot of effort it might work out!

Gotta stay postive!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:16 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Just because they aren't happy anymore with the arrangement and would prefer me to work elsewhere instead of being stuck with them. We're just small time Web Developers and things didn't work out as well as we hoped, which has made things uncomfortable because I'm not getting the salary originally specified on the LMO. I'm NOC 2174 and you'll find the avg salary for that is *very* high. I have the skills just because we're small the salary doesn't show that.

The problem with the LMO/TWP system it fails to account for the fact jobs are just created by people so prone to problems and things arising in the future you didn't expect... and I think he just doesn't want to be involved in promising things to the government he might not be able to deliver. That said we're planning to work hard on our latest project to try and really get things going, so with a lot of effort it might work out!

Gotta stay postive!
Positive vibes coming your way then
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Positive vibes coming your way then
Why thankyou! When I have some of my own I'll return the favour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.