Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old May 24th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by soon to be ex
we sent ours off 22 March and have heard absolutely nothing to date. Just read the reply to this string that stated he checked his cc statement so I rang up and checked ours. Payment was taken on the 18 of this month so at least we are in the system, must admit I was getting paranoid about 'lost in post' or 'cc refused payment'. At least we now know the ball is rolling. Good luck.
The first communication you will receive from CIO Sydney is your 120 day email so make sure you add them to your safe sender list.

Good luck

Martin
Old May 24th 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

soon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nicesoon to be ex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Martin99
The first communication you will receive from CIO Sydney is your 120 day email so make sure you add them to your safe sender list.

Good luck

Martin
Could you pse let me know what the full address is? ty
Old May 24th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lincoln United Kingdom but hope to settle in Kamloops B.C
diablorouge is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be useful to avoid it going into the spam folder

Good luck to all

Midge
Old May 24th 2010, 10:20 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kamshaft
Has anyone who sent there application off to Sydney in Feb got a reply yet?
Hi, we sent ours off on 26/02, it was received at Sydney on 09/03 and we received our 120 day e-mail on 29/04. May credit card was billed for the fees on the day we received our e-mail too

Hope this helps
Katie
Old May 24th 2010, 10:23 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

We sent our application 22 Mar but have rec'd notrhing to date. Should we have at least got a confirmation e-mail that it had arrived? if so, should I now consider that they never arrived and start again? I sent them normal post - was this a school boy error?
Hi, from our recent experience, it took 7weeks and 5days to receive our 120 day e-mail. You should not expect anything before then. I did send mine by Royal Mail Airmail track & trace thingy, for piece of mind

Good luck with yours

Hope this helps,
Katie
Old May 24th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read back as it has been posted in this thread
Old May 24th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

They usually come from the following domains:

cic.gc.ca
canada.gc.ca

Cheers

Martin
Old May 25th 2010, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Martin was right. My 120 day email came from
[email protected]

My CIC status changed to Received by Visa Office on Monday, I'm waiting for the AOR and the new File Number now.

Best of luck guys.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got an idea where i can find a contact address for the CIO in Sydney NS, because i sent off my fsw1 application on the 18th of Febuary via DHL which was recieved and signed for.

Other people on this forum who sent off there application around the same time as me have already recieved there 120 emails/letter. My card to this day has not been charged and i'm starting to panic lol.

Thanks
Kamshaft
Old May 25th 2010, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got an idea where i can find a contact address for the CIO in Sydney NS, because i sent off my fsw1 application on the 18th of Febuary via DHL which was recieved and signed for.

Other people on this forum who sent off there application around the same time as me have already recieved there 120 emails/letter. My card to this day has not been charged and i'm starting to panic lol.

Thanks
Kamshaft
I am sorry to hear that. I have never come across an email address (from which replies are actually received!) for CIO, Sydney. It does seem to have taken a long time. If it was me, if there was no news by the end of this month, then I would send in another application with a covering letter explaining everything.

Good luck

Martin
Old May 25th 2010, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Can2010
Yes, Martin was right. My 120 day email came from
[email protected]

My CIC status changed to Received by Visa Office on Monday, I'm waiting for the AOR and the new File Number now.

Best of luck guys.
Hi, can you tell me what no. I use to track my application on the CHC site. I know it has arrived at CHC but not got AOR yet?

Thanks ina advance for your help,
Tracy

It's ok, I found it. Say's in process from 7 March, prior to 120 email. Sent application on 4th May, about a week after you so will check again next week to see if status changes to recieved by visa office!

Last edited by tracys; May 25th 2010 at 4:35 am. Reason: found the number
Old May 25th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi, can you tell me what no. I use to track my application on the CHC site. I know it has arrived at CHC but not got AOR yet?

Thanks ina advance for your help,
Tracy

It's ok, I found it. Say's in process from 7 March, prior to 120 email. Sent application on 4th May, about a week after you so will check again next week to see if status changes to recieved by visa office!
Hi Tracy,

I think it will!

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the CIC status only updates on Mondays? Anyway, good luck!
Old May 25th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Kamshaft
Hello mate,

I used this email to chase up an update. Normally get a response in 2 weeks.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Look at my timeline - took 5 months to get my 120 day mail, and my CC was charged in mid Feb!

MS
Old May 26th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lincoln United Kingdom but hope to settle in Kamloops B.C
diablorouge is an unknown quantity at this point

Praying that our CC statement shows that funds have been taken when we get it this week
Good news for those of you that are now nearer the goal!!!!

Midge
Old May 26th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

livylegs is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys,

we recieved our AOR email today so really happy good luck with everyone waiting on theres hope they here soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.