Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old May 5th 2010, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Mireille961
Hi Martin

I would like to take your advice.I applied to CIO Sydney on February 18th, application received February 24.They cashed the money on 19/03/2010 and till today I heard nothing from them.Do you advise me to wait a little bit longer or do I have to make a follow-up? Do you think they have already sent an email that was lost in junk? and do they send a letter in addition to the email? I am very tense please help
Thank you
Hope you'll receive your 120 day letter very soon!
Old May 5th 2010, 5:18 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin

I would like to take your advice.I applied to CIO Sydney on February 18th, application received February 24.They cashed the money on 19/03/2010 and till today I heard nothing from them.Do you advise me to wait a little bit longer or do I have to make a follow-up? Do you think they have already sent an email that was lost in junk? and do they send a letter in addition to the email? I am very tense please help
Thank you
I would contact them. This happened to us, they cashed the draft and we never heard anything from them, after 6 weeks they contacted us with a rejection letter via email, saying they would refund the money within 12 weeks. This turned out to be an error on their side, which they corrected.

I found most people had their 120day email soon after the money had been taken. Thats why I got on their case.
Old May 5th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Gaz67;8543731]
Originally Posted by Martin99
Bon voyage, Gaz.

Hi Martin and gang

Just received our PPR by email :0) its official .....

2days before we fly now thats timing

THANX FOR EVERYONES SUPPORT & HELP ON HERE !!

Looking forward to a successful future FLAGPOLE

GAZ & FAMILY (AKA MR & MRS RELIEVED)

Im now going to dance (nekkid) in the garden BRB
Careful - it is very cold outside!!!!
Old May 5th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Thanks MapleSauce I will try it and than later on I'll post the feedback.
Hi Mireille

I would recommend using the bank draft reference number when you contact them as you will not yet know your file number. I hope that they can send the email again if it has gone missing. I recommend adding CIC to your safe senders list.

Good luck

Martin
Old May 5th 2010, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Mireille961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Can2010
Hope you'll receive your 120 day letter very soon!
Good luck to all of us
Old May 5th 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Mireille961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mireille

I would recommend using the bank draft reference number when you contact them as you will not yet know your file number. I hope that they can send the email again if it has gone missing. I recommend adding CIC to your safe senders list.

Good luck

Martin
Thank you Martin, I already added it to my safe list and as you advised I will use the bank draft as a reference; hope this will work and I get a positive response soon.
Old May 5th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Finally!
I know......was starting to worry!!. Fingers crossed it keeps moving down the line now

Gav
Old May 5th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Gaz67;8543731]
Bon voyage, Gaz.

Hi Martin and gang

Can I watch?
Old May 5th 2010, 9:38 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats GAZ - just in time for your trip - huge relief & given the problems on the way a good news story for us all.

p.s. tis dark outside - can't see any nekkid dancing
Old May 5th 2010, 9:49 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Gaz67;8543731]
Bon voyage, Gaz.

Hi Martin and gang

Great news - congratulations
Old May 5th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Thanx all :0) the Nekkid dancing was a wee bit cold but i survived

It is available from WHSMITHS on DVD from next monday

Can finally relax now and not worry bout things which is good stuff seems like ive been on edge for the past 11 months

Good Luck to the rest of you in the process , may the force be with you!!
as Alan Titchmarsh once said (i think)

Anyways im off back out to the garden i stopped Mid Riverdance to come type this

Gaz
Old May 5th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

ClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really nice

Going off on a slight tangent but can someone tell me this? This is our second application. First rejected with 2 points short. We re waiting again now to hear from Sydney. Will I get a 120 letter or will it be an email? In first application last year it asked which method you would prefer but I don't recall that option this time.
ClanickP
Old May 5th 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClanickP
Going off on a slight tangent but can someone tell me this? This is our second application. First rejected with 2 points short. We re waiting again now to hear from Sydney. Will I get a 120 letter or will it be an email? In first application last year it asked which method you would prefer but I don't recall that option this time.
ClanickP
As far as I know you'll get it via email. Best of luck
Old May 5th 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ClanickP
ClanickP
I think it is pretty much all by email only, provided you gave them an email address. Watch your spam filters!

Good luck this time.

Cheers

Martin
Old May 5th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

ClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really nice

Thanks for that. It has puzzled me since my app. left, and was received on 6 April. In my old application there was definately a box which gave a correspondance method, letter or email. I think I would prefer an email anyhow.

Thanks for your good wishes also.
ClanickP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.