Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:45 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
Permanent Residence Application Status

In Process

:
Great news
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
Permanent Residence Application Status

In Process

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooO

just got back from seeing ricky gervais too at Wembley!!!

best night so far in 2010!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good one!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by humanist
Oh crap, went for medicals today. I'm fit and healthy ....but he discovered a previously unknown heart murmur.

He said there's "no way" this will stop me getting to Canada because it seems quite mild. But I now have to book an appointment with a Cardiologist and face a delay of, well, who knows how long

So I'll just have to travel back and forth between Toronto and the UK to see my Canadian Girlfriend for a while longer. This really is turning into a saga!
Oh dear!

It is hard to get things into perspective when you have just learned the news but the worst is a few weeks delay in all probability. Remember the success stories on here relating to those who have received knock-backs only to reach the finish line in the end. Gaz is a good example, as is Purple 80.

Cheers

Martin
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Not too sure as we took ours down to London, will check paperwork and let you know.

Cheers
Hi Gaz,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, loads going on what with trying to sell the house, organise removals, work etc (and I thought the whole immigration process was stressful!!)

Anyway I will PM you the letter you receive when they request passports. You also get a form to update family details on, name, passport number etc.

Hope this helps, and you get your request soon!!

Cheers
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Hi Gaz,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, loads going on what with trying to sell the house, organise removals, work etc (and I thought the whole immigration process was stressful!!)

Anyway I will PM you the letter you receive when they request passports. You also get a form to update family details on, name, passport number etc.

Hope this helps, and you get your request soon!!

Cheers
Cheers Mark :0)

We fly to Vancouver next friday so hopefully the letter will arrive before then so we can take it with us ...

We are all sorted now, rented house fully furnished from the day we fly, just sold the last car , paid all bills, cancelled all dds, pets all rehoused lol
Sold all electric goods and other stuff on Ebay/Facebook/Friends

Done all our summer clothes shopping yesterday, all we are taking is 4 cases , 2 kids and a buggy ... List of goods to follow (non existent) mind you we wouldnt have to produce this anyways coz initially we will be landing as visitors...

If i dont hear off CIC by monday i will email them and ask is PPR imminent

PS is the letter by mail or email that you receive?? Im sure i have read some people have had PPR request by email??

Cheers
Gaz
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by humanist
Oh crap, went for medicals today. I'm fit and healthy ....but he discovered a previously unknown heart murmur.

He said there's "no way" this will stop me getting to Canada because it seems quite mild. But I now have to book an appointment with a Cardiologist and face a delay of, well, who knows how long

So I'll just have to travel back and forth between Toronto and the UK to see my Canadian Girlfriend for a while longer. This really is turning into a saga!

There has been a few peeps who have successfully emigrated with a heart murmur i have noticed when i searched medical posts on forum.

I hope you get a quick appointment and swift response to not delay you app much longer

You summed the Immigration Process up.... Immigration Saga....

Gaz
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Maybe you don't remember me, I'm the guy who sent two applications to Sydney NS within a week after realising that I missed some spaces in the initial application.

I just wanted to say that I have sent the whole bunch of papers to CIC Sydney Australia today

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
Hey guys,

Maybe you don't remember me, I'm the guy who sent two applications to Sydney NS within a week after realising that I missed some spaces in the initial application.

I just wanted to say that I have sent the whole bunch of papers to CIC Sydney Australia today

Cheers
I am confused. Why have you sent your papers to Sydney, Australia? Is that where you live at the moment?

Cheers

Martin
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
I am confused. Why have you sent your papers to Sydney, Australia? Is that where you live at the moment?

Cheers

Martin
Yes Martin, I'm living in Adelaide since April 2007. By the way, reading another thread I realized that the application I sent to CIC were copies of the original sent to Sydney except the signatures and dates; however, I have the copy of these forms signed and dated as they were sent to CIO previously. Do you think I should contact CIC and provide these copies?

Cheers.

Last edited by dasalcedo; Apr 27th 2010 at 9:41 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Martin, I'm living in Adelaide since April 2007. By the way, reading another thread I realized that the application I sent to CIC were copies of the original sent to Sydney except the signatures and dates; however, I have the copy of these forms signed and dated as they were sent to CIO previously. Do you think I should contact CIC and provide these copies?

Cheers.
As long as they contained the same info I would not be worried about it. Copies with fresh signatures worked for me from memory.

Good luck!

Martin
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Cheers
Yes I remember. I think we all panicked together that night when we all discovered the mistake we had made!!! Oh how I wept! Ah well, getting there. Good luck. AOR next for you!
lns
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:15 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had an email this morning from our Immigration Lawyer conatining a copy of the AOR he recieved from CIC yesterday

Another hurdle jumped - tons more to go.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
We have had an email this morning from our Immigration Lawyer conatining a copy of the AOR he recieved from CIC yesterday

Fingers crossed for good news next!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:06 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
Fingers crossed for good news next!
Thanks Martin.

Now the waiting game really starts eh.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique

Hope you'll receive your Meds requests soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.