Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC
Good to know. Thanks.

Cheers

Martin
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Martin99
Good to see you progressing, Gaz.

I think I received a form with the PPR letter, which you have to fill in with some basic details for each family member so you may need it sending over to you in Vancouver if it arrives after you leave.

Cheers

Martin
Cheers Martin :0)

Could that letter be filled in by my family and sent off seperately? or does it have to go with the passports!!

Also do they ask for more photos , i did send 6 off for each of us initially with 120 DOCS

Cheers
Gaz
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Cheers Martin :0)

Could that letter be filled in by my family and sent off seperately? or does it have to go with the passports!!

Also do they ask for more photos , i did send 6 off for each of us initially with 120 DOCS

Cheers
Gaz
Not sure, Gaz, as I took my form and passports in to CHC London all at the same time as they requested. I do know that they asked for more photos at that stage. Is it worth sending a case specific enquiry as they may have a protocol for people in your situation?

Cheers

Martin
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Not sure, Gaz, as I took my form and passports in to CHC London all at the same time as they requested. I do know that they asked for more photos at that stage. Is it worth sending a case specific enquiry as they may have a protocol for people in your situation?

Cheers

Martin
I should do that Case specific enquiry , im just hoping with 3.5 weeks to go i get the ppr and can take the letter with us to post from Canada with the passports.

Hopefully the police check comes through soon. will be 3 weeks on thursday since we sent off for them.

We havent done any crimes or time since the last one so they should be clear lol

Gaz
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Hopefully the police check comes through soon. will be 3 weeks on thursday since we sent off for them.

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC
good to know.. even for someone who hasnt a clue about tax returns but im gonna find out real soon

Gaz
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:14 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Tax stuff
Cheers
STC
I didn't think any of those things could be claimed, when we filed our 2008 return, and our 2009 return we were told nothing could be claimed?
As far as I know the only moving expenses that can be claimed tax wise, are moving expenses within Canada.
We have not landed yet and are on WPs.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaz67

Gaz
Police certificates arrived this morning :0 how typical after sending everything else off to CHC yesterday

Anyways just posting them off to CHC London

we wil get a swift PPR

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Sod's law but still good news!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 11:04 am
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Our FSW 2 app was received in Sydney 1st March, got 120 day letter today.

Possibly a swift (or six) tonight, then on to the next stage tomorrow...
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

rkak12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sir , iam new to this forum, need help from you guys. I have sent my application to sydney nova scotia, application reached on 24 march 2010. and i have give my credit card number. i want to know how much time they will take , i have to open my credit card, please guid me.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

as pfw got response in just 45 days, please pfw tell me that how you have submit the fee, please guide me.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pfw

Congratulations!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations!
Hi, Martin please see my question too and help me in guidence. regards
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pfw

That was quick!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pfw

my fsw application got delivered on the 23rd of feb, but i aint heard anything, yours seems to of blasted through the pile lol,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.