Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Well after taking medicals today.... we are pleased they were easy and done very quickly indeed

We arrived in Altrincham a tad later than planned but still half an hour before medicals were due!!

"Our Sat Nav (BINATONE) dont buy a (BINATONE) .... it has not taken us to the right place in the 2 years we have had it ... it was an xmas present off the inlaws and will not be accompanying us to Canada... its going to BINLAND "

Anyways after not drinking coffee for 24 hours and just water (LOTS) and Oj i was cold turkey'n LOTS ...

We parked at the med centre and walked down to the town 5 mins walk to some good shops and some good places to eat for future note!!

Me and daughter decided we needed the Loo at this point and goin in the public toilets I had the biggest and longest Pee i have ever had... apparently so did daughter

The medical centre was easy to find once in the town, the staff were nice and the doctor was lovely... well mine and the daughters who went in together was great... Tina went to "Mrs Hitler" with the Baby

The medical was quick we went in around 11.40pm and we were all out at 12.10... all done , paid we might have been quicker but the earlier Loo trip meant me and the daughter could not Pee so we got every possible drink out the car and finished them off... took us half an hour to be able to provide a sample

Back in the car ready to drive half hour to Manchester City Centre for the Xray part..... oh no i thought....

Was a straight run from the med centre to Deansgate and also easy to find. Staff there were also friendly and the process of our 3 xrays over in around half an hour.... paid extra for making sure they went recorded delivery.

So family of four Myself,wife 13 year old daughter and baby cost
£640.... not bad when compared with Liverpool which verged on £900

I would recommend this med centre for anyone from the Northwest or further afield if need be!!

Thanx for all the well wishes.... Roll on next stage!

Gaz
Hopefully, on to the passport request stage next, Gaz!

Cheers

Martin
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:48 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
Hopefully, on to the passport request stage next, Gaz!

Cheers

Martin
For Gaz, mine first though pretty please....
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:41 pm

I understand that from 1 April 2010 the London CHC will be taking on processing of economic visa applications from Pakistan in addition to the current UK work. I hope that this does not delay too many applicants on this thread!

Cheers

Martin
Just out of interest Martin, where did you see this?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by purple80
Two things you might find interesting.

1. CIO Nova Scotia, laying off 150 temp/casual staff. http://tinyurl.com/yc8zt7s
2. FSW Pakistan to London. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../islamabad.asp
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

For Gaz, mine first though pretty please....
I second your pretty please :0) both of us soon , but you a bit sooner

Gaz
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. CIO Nova Scotia, laying off 150 temp/casual staff. http://tinyurl.com/yc8zt7s
2. FSW Pakistan to London. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../islamabad.asp
Thanks PMM,
1. OMG, surely that will have a huge impact on processing times?
2. Repeat the above comment.

I am glad our application is (hopefully) near the end, just await review of further medicals.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks PMM,
1. OMG, surely that will have a huge impact on processing times?
2. Repeat the above comment.

I am glad our application is (hopefully) near the end, just await review of further medicals.
What it also could be for CIO Nova Scotia when they reach the "quota" for FSW applications of about 139K-150K plus about 20% for those that don't qualify at the the 2nd level, they may just shut off the applications and say apply next year. Bill C-50 gives the department the ability to do that.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
What it also could be for CIO Nova Scotia when they reach the "quota" for FSW applications of about 139K-150K plus about 20% for those that don't qualify at the the 2nd level, they may just shut off the applications and say apply next year. Bill C-50 gives the department the ability to do that.
So that could be bad news for people planning to apply this year?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

So that could be bad news for people planning to apply this year?
No, not necessarily, just the they probably want to spread the workload, but I would think that applications in the later part of the year, say Oct on, may find (if they are on the new list) that the quota is complete for the year and told to apply in the new year.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Well after taking medicals today.... we are pleased they were easy and done very quickly indeed

We arrived in Altrincham a tad later than planned but still half an hour before medicals were due!!

"Our Sat Nav (BINATONE) dont buy a (BINATONE) .... it has not taken us to the right place in the 2 years we have had it ... it was an xmas present off the inlaws and will not be accompanying us to Canada... its going to BINLAND "

Anyways after not drinking coffee for 24 hours and just water (LOTS) and Oj i was cold turkey'n LOTS ...

We parked at the med centre and walked down to the town 5 mins walk to some good shops and some good places to eat for future note!!

Me and daughter decided we needed the Loo at this point and goin in the public toilets I had the biggest and longest Pee i have ever had... apparently so did daughter

The medical centre was easy to find once in the town, the staff were nice and the doctor was lovely... well mine and the daughters who went in together was great... Tina went to "Mrs Hitler" with the Baby

The medical was quick we went in around 11.40pm and we were all out at 12.10... all done , paid we might have been quicker but the earlier Loo trip meant me and the daughter could not Pee so we got every possible drink out the car and finished them off... took us half an hour to be able to provide a sample

Back in the car ready to drive half hour to Manchester City Centre for the Xray part..... oh no i thought....

Was a straight run from the med centre to Deansgate and also easy to find. Staff there were also friendly and the process of our 3 xrays over in around half an hour.... paid extra for making sure they went recorded delivery.

So family of four Myself,wife 13 year old daughter and baby cost
£640.... not bad when compared with Liverpool which verged on £900

I would recommend this med centre for anyone from the Northwest or further afield if need be!!

Thanx for all the well wishes.... Roll on next stage!

Gaz
Congrats fella, everything pans out ok and quickly!!

Received our PR cards in the post from our friends in Canada yesterday, Funky little things!! Big smiles all round in our house last night.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Charlie

PMM has beaten me to the answer. I suspect we will look back at 2009/10 as the golden era for FSW applications as the system slowly grinds back to its normal pace.

Hope you receive those PPRs very soon.

Cheers

Martin
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Congrats fella, everything pans out ok and quickly!!

Received our PR cards in the post from our friends in Canada yesterday, Funky little things!! Big smiles all round in our house last night.
Mark

Did the immigration officer at Vancouver airport give you any hassle over using your friend's address for the PR cards? We are planning to do the same thing when we land this summer.

Cheers

Martin
Old Mar 31st 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Mark

Did the immigration officer at Vancouver airport give you any hassle over using your friend's address for the PR cards? We are planning to do the same thing when we land this summer.

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin,

No problems at all, they were very friendly and I guess were more intersted on their coffee break at Tims!!

Cheers
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Hi Martin,

No problems at all, they were very friendly and I guess were more intersted on their coffee break at Tims!!

Cheers
Many thanks, Mark.

Cheers

Martin
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Oh cr*p.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.