British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline from citizenship test to ceremony (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-citizenship-test-ceremony-908022/)

Jimbo2012 Jan 16th 2018 1:13 am

Timeline from citizenship test to ceremony

Hi, I'm getting a little concerned about how long this is taking. Basically the background is this:
Application processing started: Feb 2017
Test sat & passed: May 2017
and, er, nothing since!

I'm dealing with Scarborough and, although I understand this is one of the busier centres, research has suggested that 4 months is usually the longest wait from test to ceremony, hence my concern at it now being 8 months for me.

My online status hasn't changed since I sat the test i.e. 'Decision Made'. Phoning is an absolute waste of time, as you either get a recorded message telling you to phone back or you are on hold for what seems like an eternity.

Am I right to be concerned or should I just relax and wait for my turn to come up?

christmasoompa Jan 16th 2018 8:00 am

Re: Timeline from citizenship test to ceremony

You're still under the quoted processing time (12 months), so personally I wouldn't worry at all.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

Jimbo2012 Jan 17th 2018 2:14 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12419850)
You're still under the quoted processing time (12 months), so personally I wouldn't worry at all.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.

Okay, thanks for the reassurance!

Would you happen to know how much notice they give you when your turn for the ceremony does come around?

Snowy560 Jan 17th 2018 2:40 am

I would send a webform enquiry.

IRCC Web form

Explain that your application started processing last Feb.
You had the interview and test in May. You've checked on ECAS and can see Decision Made but you've heard nothing.

You may get a reply as it's almost 12 months.

I would also persevere with the helpline. The Agent has access to more info than you do.

Good luck!

JGK Jan 20th 2018 2:09 pm

Dunno, I did mine in Edmonton in 2015. test 10:30AM Citizenship Ceremony 1:30 pm.

I think they were tyring to clear the backlogs.

Howefamily Jan 23rd 2018 3:49 pm

We had the same, applied Jan17, test Apr17, citizenship ceremony Dec17. I knew people who had applied and taken test after us having their ceremony before us.
I am sure there is no rhyme or reason but like others said to me, dont worry, it will be ok.

What I can tell you is this, I checked ecas almost daily. It was posted there that we were invited to a ceremony just before it all arrived in the mail.Until that point it just said decision made and the details just showed that we had been invited to the test, nothing further, most disconcerting.

Jimbo2012 Jan 24th 2018 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Snowy560 (Post 12420526)
I would send a webform enquiry.

Well I followed your advice and, lo and behold, 2 days later I get invited to a ceremony next month! Coincidence?

Anyway, thanks to all for your replies on this thread.

Snowy560 Jan 24th 2018 2:59 am

:starsmile: