Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Wikiposts

Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

lancsmanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Our timeline to Buffalo:
TWP Issued Aug 08
AINP Issued Nov 08
PR Sent to Buffalo May 09
Med Req's July 09
Meds Sent to Ottawa Aug 09
Additional Med Info Req & Sent Nov 09
Just waiting in the queue!
I've given up of Trackit & Ecas. I have emailed Buffalo with a case specific enquiry and got the standard non-committal answer.
Sorry I don't have any better news.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
thanks
Hi,

Here is the response I received from my lawyer regarding requesting visa office transfers:

"In response to your question, the processing of your file in London versus it being processed in Buffalo at this time may not be a good idea. What happens when a file is transferred is that the file is placed at the back of the queue of the visa office that your file is transferred to. Visa offices do not work in junction with each other, rather, they work independently and therefore your file will have ot respect the processing times that are currently being experienced at London visa office should your file be transferred there. Secondly, a transfer of a file must be, from the visa office's perspective, protecting the integrity of the program and therefore there must be a legitimate reason other than the processing time experienced at another visa office for the CIC to consider the file transfer;

"Visa offices are only required to transfer files for reasons concerning program integrity [Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents: knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures]. Such reasons do not include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons.

In the case with your file, this wait for processing is currently being experienced by other applicants being processed in Buffalo and also in London, therefore a file transfer would not benefit you. While I understand that you moving to the U.K. would be convenient to have your application be processed there at the same time, under the R(11) regulation the transfer of your file is not likely to be accommodated."

Kind Regards

Ben
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:02 pm
UK2MB

NYC2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hi,

Here is the response I received from my lawyer regarding requesting visa office transfers:

"In response to your question, the processing of your file in London versus it being processed in Buffalo at this time may not be a good idea. What happens when a file is transferred is that the file is placed at the back of the queue of the visa office that your file is transferred to. Visa offices do not work in junction with each other, rather, they work independently and therefore your file will have ot respect the processing times that are currently being experienced at London visa office should your file be transferred there. Secondly, a transfer of a file must be, from the visa office's perspective, protecting the integrity of the program and therefore there must be a legitimate reason other than the processing time experienced at another visa office for the CIC to consider the file transfer;

"Visa offices are only required to transfer files for reasons concerning program integrity [Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents: knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures]. Such reasons do not include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons.

In the case with your file, this wait for processing is currently being experienced by other applicants being processed in Buffalo and also in London, therefore a file transfer would not benefit you. While I understand that you moving to the U.K. would be convenient to have your application be processed there at the same time, under the R(11) regulation the transfer of your file is not likely to be accommodated."

Kind Regards

Ben
Hi everyone

Any progress from Buffalo office for 2010?...I hope they start processing like all the other visa offices around the world....anyways Good Luck to everyone.

James
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Anybody had any news from Buffalo yet or not?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:55 am
Just Joined

lancsmanny is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received PR email from Buffalo this morning. Applied through AINP. Approx processing time 9 months.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lancsmanny
Just received PR email from Buffalo this morning. Applied through AINP. Approx processing time 9 months.

Thanks for that. Do you mean you mean you received your Passport Request yesterday? Also how long after AOR was it before you had your medicals?

And CONGRATULATIONS!!!