Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Wikiposts

Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice
Default Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

We sent our visa application to Buffalo on 20th March 09.( apparently our application was one of the last to go to Buffalo). Received confirmation they had received it on 28th May 09. Haven't heared anything since.

The immigration company dealing with the application for us checked the CIC website just before Christmas and said they haven't started processing it yet.

Has anyone else applied to Buffalo around Feb/ March 09?

I see applications to Sydney getting 120 day letters after a couple of months.

Last edited by the undutchables; Jan 14th 2010 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Timeline for Buffalo SW Visa applications

Hi,

Have a look at TrackIt and check your Ecas status on CIC website.

TrackIt will show you that Feb 09 applications are now moving from Pending to Processing. Your Ecas status will probably currently say Pending but you should check it on CIC site.

You should be hearing something from CIC soon given that your submision date is Mar 09.

btw I am Apr 09 - case is on TrackIt.

Ben
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hi,

Have a look at TrackIt and check your Ecas status on CIC website.

TrackIt will show you that Feb 09 applications are now moving from Pending to Processing. Your Ecas status will probably currently say Pending but you should check it on CIC site.

You should be hearing something from CIC soon given that your submision date is Mar 09.

btw I am Apr 09 - case is on TrackIt.

Ben
I am kicking myself for sending our PR application to Buffalo! What on earth ever possessed me? I have kept a close eye on a number of SW applications that were sent to CIO in June 09 (like ours was) and 120 day emails received August 09 (like ours) full applications sent to London office late August early September and they have all had medicals and some have had PPR in first week in Jan 10!!!!!!

Yet you are still waiting from April 09?

Is there anyway I can request to have it returned from Buffalo so that I can forward it to London?

Or could I apply all over again in my name to CIO and send full package to London to be processed?

Last edited by zippadydoda; Jan 14th 2010 at 2:14 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

I "was" hoping to hear Processing / Med Request 120 days after the AOR - but looking at TrackIt I am not sure if this will happen, although it could I guess if a lot of March starts going into Processing. I am hoping Buffalo are really going to ramp up throughput now the kinks have been gotton out of the new process, new visa quota, and political will from Minister plan for 2010 to push new FSW over CEC and due to long lead time on new PNP applications coming into the system. Existing pre Feb 2008 apps seem to all be pretty much in various stages of processing already - so back log cleared and new FSW is up to Feb 09 - so I am hoping March and April are rapidly going to move to Processing and Meds - fingers crossed, wood touched, various of mystic incantations to the gods.

My one nagging concern is how much is in the queue already and how many of the 62 to 67K non Quebec FSW quota is going to be flow through Buffalo and what % of the cases on TrackIt represent of the total cases at Buffalo. Say Buffalo takes 20% of all applications ?? and 50% of apps are in TrackIT, that would mean Buffalo are likely to process ~13K FSW Applications and there are 1.1K cases in TrackIt which would imply a total of 2.2K cases in total at Buffalo.... But I really have no idea what % of the total annual quota is likely to be filled by Buffalo, nor do I have any idea what % of cases at Buffalo TrackIt represents. What I am trying to figure out is how much of the 2010 visa quota is effectively already assigned to applications in processing in the queue in front of me, and how far back in the Pending queue I am, in an effort to guessimate whether my applications is going to get processed in 2010 and even at what point in the year this might happen.

Last edited by BenB2; Jan 14th 2010 at 6:46 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

I "was" hoping to hear Processing / Med Request 120 days after the AOR - but looking at TrackIt I am not sure if this will happen, although it could I guess if a lot of March starts going into Processing. I am hoping Buffalo are really going to ramp up throughput now the kinks have been gotton out of the new process, new visa quota, and political will from Minister plan for 2010 to push new FSW over CEC and due to long lead time on new PNP applications coming into the system. Existing pre Feb 2008 apps seem to all be pretty much in various stages of processing already - so back log cleared and new FSW is up to Feb 09 - so I am hoping March and April are rapidly going to move to Processing and Meds - fingers crossed, wood touched, various of mystic incantations to the gods.

My one nagging concern is how much is in the queue already and how many of the 62 to 67K non Quebec FSW quota is going to be flow through Buffalo and what % of the cases on TrackIt represent of the total cases at Buffalo. Say Buffalo takes 20% of all applications ?? and 50% of apps are in TrackIT, that would mean Buffalo are likely to process ~13K FSW Applications and there are 1.1K cases in TrackIt which would imply a total of 2.2K cases in total at Buffalo.... But I really have no idea what % of the total annual quota is likely to be filled by Buffalo, nor do I have any idea what % of cases at Buffalo TrackIt represents. What I am trying to figure out is how much of the 2010 visa quota is effectively already assigned to applications in processing in the queue in front of me, and how far back in the Pending queue I am, in an effort to guessimate whether my applications is going to get processed in 2010 and even at what point in the year this might happen.
That sure is a very in depth answer and you know your stuff, but all I know is I want to get my application back so I can send it to London!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yeah, I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about this myself. From what I have read, it is at the disgression of the Buffalo VO as to whether to permit an office transfer once processing has started - which currently doesn't apply to either of our applications. So maybe if processing hasnt started you have to withdrawal and resubmit to Sydney?

What I have been cogitating is:

What is likely to happen in the future with Buffalo and London processing - which is very much a guess - back in March/April 09 who would have guessed that London would have been so much quicker than Buffalo, who knows what the future holds.

Given a transfer is requested, once it is received that sure as hell is going to stop the application being progressed further at Buffalo, then we have to wait some period of time while they contemplate the transfer, actually send the paper work to CHC London and then for CHC to receive it and generate a new AOR - I can see all that burning two months quiet realistically - if they agree to the transfer.

Then as far as London are concerned it is going to be a new application and you are back at the beginning of the queue again - now while it is true that a lot of apps seem to take two months from docs sent to consulate to med request - there are also cases on trackit where the docs were sent in July to April that are still awaiting med request 5 to 7 months on.

So you "could" wait 2 months for the file to be transfered and then another 5 to 7 months for the med request. Or "best" case, 2 months for the transfer and two months for the med request - or stay at Buffalo given we seem to be on the edge of the queue that is about to go into processing. And that assumes you dont have to withdrawl and resubmit at Sydney and add another 3 months for that to happen.

Maybe it would be quicker, maybe it would take around the same length of time, maybe it would be slower, it is really difficult to judge - either way, what is clear is no matter what we do, we are not going to get it as quickly as we first hoped was going to happen no matter what we do.

Of course - it is in my own selfish interest to say this would be a really good idea and that all cases at Buffalo should please withdrawl and submit to their domestic RPC ASAP while I choose not to follow my own advice and continue to sit in a rapidly shrinking queue as the apps exedous for greener pastures at another office. - But you ever tried to pick the quick moving lineup at the super market and then changed queues - it never seems to work (although I can get through Birmingham M5/M6 really quickly by changing lanes )

Another aspect is personal energy - given it is going to be back end of 2010 either way, do I really want to go through this process for a third time.

Last edited by BenB2; Jan 15th 2010 at 8:43 am.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yeah, I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about this myself. From what I have read, it is at the disgression of the Buffalo VO as to whether to permit an office transfer once processing has started - which currently doesn't apply to either of our applications. So maybe if processing hasnt started you have to withdrawal and resubmit to Sydney?

What I have been cogitating is:

What is likely to happen in the future with Buffalo and London processing - which is very much a guess - back in March/April 09 who would have guessed that London would have been so much quicker than Buffalo, who knows what the future holds.

Given a transfer is requested, once it is received that sure as hell is going to stop the application being progressed further at Buffalo, then we have to wait some period of time while they contemplate the transfer, actually send the paper work to CHC London and then for CHC to receive it and generate a new AOR - I can see all that burning two months quiet realistically - if they agree to the transfer.

Then as far as London are concerned it is going to be a new application and you are back at the beginning of the queue again - now while it is true that a lot of apps seem to take two months from docs sent to consulate to med request - there are also cases on trackit where the docs were sent in July to April that are still awaiting med request 5 to 7 months on.

So you "could" wait 2 months for the file to be transfered and then another 5 to 7 months for the med request. Or "best" case, 2 months for the transfer and two months for the med request - or stay at Buffalo given we seem to be on the edge of the queue that is about to go into processing. And that assumes you dont have to withdrawl and resubmit at Sydney and add another 3 months for that to happen.

Maybe it would be quicker, maybe it would take around the same length of time, maybe it would be slower, it is really difficult to judge - either way, what is clear is no matter what we do, we are not going to get it as quickly as we first hoped was going to happen no matter what we do.

Of course - it is in my own selfish interest to say this would be a really good idea and that all cases at Buffalo should please withdrawl and submit to their domestic RPC ASAP while I choose not to follow my own advice and continue to sit in a rapidly shrinking queue as the apps exedous for greener pastures at another office. - But you ever tried to pick the quick moving lineup at the super market and then changed queues - it never seems to work (although I can get through Birmingham M5/M6 really quickly by changing lanes )

Another aspect is personal energy - given it is going to be back end of 2010 either way, do I really want to go through this process for a third time.

Well current SWPR application with AE is in my husbands name. Seriously contemplating sending new application off in my name (I score enough points on 5th February when I,ve been in Canada on TWP for a year)

Don't know if I am allowed to do this , but figuring 2 months at CIO takes me to beginning of April. Have all evidence ready to submit to London straight away. AOR liklely to be 6 weeks (mid May) Then another 3 months for medicals August and PPR 8 weeks later. Hence PR before LMO runs out at end of November. Da Da !!! What do you think????
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Well current SWPR application with AE is in my husbands name. Seriously contemplating sending new application off in my name (I score enough points on 5th February when I,ve been in Canada on TWP for a year)

Don't know if I am allowed to do this , but figuring 2 months at CIO takes me to beginning of April. Have all evidence ready to submit to London straight away. AOR liklely to be 6 weeks (mid May) Then another 3 months for medicals August and PPR 8 weeks later. Hence PR before LMO runs out at end of November. Da Da !!! What do you think????
idk, I just want a med request to pop into my inbox today and PPR to follow 2 months after that and passports back in 4 weeks - so 3 months from now - end of April land in Canada.

But considering the probabilities.... I am going to go back to my Kate Beckinsale and Gweneth Paltrow fantasy instead as it seems more likely to happen in the next three months.

grrr. In your case, idk, difficult to know what to do for the best at times like this.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

idk, I just want a med request to pop into my inbox today and PPR to follow 2 months after that and passports back in 4 weeks - so 3 months from now - end of April land in Canada.

But considering the probabilities.... I am going to go back to my Kate Beckinsale and Gweneth Paltrow fantasy instead as it seems more likely to happen in the next three months.

grrr. In your case, idk, difficult to know what to do for the best at times like this.
Don't know which is best. Paying another $1550 for new application or saving like mad to cover the $3800 a month it is currently costing to live here, for when we have to give our jobs up and stay here on visitors permits whilst waiting for Buffalo to pull their fingers out!!!!!!

To top it all we dragged my sixteen year old daughter away from UK during her mock GCSE's so she has no English qualifications and will end up with no diploma if we don't get PR by next November!!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Don't know which is best. Paying another $1550 for new application or saving like mad to cover the $3800 a month it is currently costing to live here, for when we have to give our jobs up and stay here on visitors permits whilst waiting for Buffalo to pull their fingers out!!!!!!

To top it all we dragged my sixteen year old daughter away from UK during her mock GCSE's so she has no English qualifications and will end up with no diploma if we don't get PR by next November!!!!!!
Hey,

I've emailed my lawyer enquiring about transfer, I'll let you know what they say.

Ben
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Hey,

I've emailed my lawyer enquiring about transfer, I'll let you know what they say.

Ben
thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:54 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

same case here people in work that applied months after me whose cases were transferred to Seattle have their pr while I still wait ( like the rest of you) its so frustrating!!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

cooldude is an unknown quantity at this point

My online status on CIC link is as below, processing center is Buffalo.

" We received your application for permanent residence on February 5, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 17, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 11, 2010."

I have applied under 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers.

how long do you think it will take to get medical request?? Any body in similar boat would like to comment here??

any help would be great...

Regards
CD
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by cooldude
My online status on CIC link is as below, processing center is Buffalo.

" We received your application for permanent residence on February 5, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 17, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January 11, 2010."

I have applied under 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers.

how long do you think it will take to get medical request?? Any body in similar boat would like to comment here??

any help would be great...

Regards
CD
Hi cooldude,

Sorry, I have no idea how long until you get a medical request, I am still waiting myself. What I would like to know, what date did you send in the PR Application?

Our application was sent in on March 20th 09, but we didn't get comfirmation they had received it until 28th May 09. As yet, it is still pending.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by the undutchables
Hi cooldude,

Sorry, I have no idea how long until you get a medical request, I am still waiting myself. What I would like to know, what date did you send in the PR Application?

Our application was sent in on March 20th 09, but we didn't get comfirmation they had received it until 28th May 09. As yet, it is still pending.
Hi, hopefully this helps you......

My application was received January 2009 and i received the acknowledgement letter on March 30 2009. My file was transferred from Buffalo to Los Angeles (assuming sometime between December 2009 and January 2010 - I say this because I moved address and Immigration Canada did not update my address on file despite 3 attempts to do it by fax, email and online updates) and I've received notification today to go for my medicals......how long from here I do not know.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.