Timeline for Buffalo after PPR

Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

canadianghostrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline for Buffalo after PPR

Hiya,

Well good news is got our PPR. Bad news is really hard to wait for passports to be returned. Should have taken the option to walk into Buffalo office.

My question is has anyone got their Visas Stamped at Buffalo by mailing? If you take out the mail in/out time, how long do they hold it?

If you walk in it is same day. Its been two weeks and we're still waiting
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Timeline for Buffalo after PPR

It was 10 weeks for us - straight forward PR app - not job offer (though that isn't supposed to make a difference). Good luck with the wait

Doh - I'm really not with it this morning, sorry - that was after medicals!!! Passports took about 2.5 weeks end to end..... Well done, by the way.

Last edited by ladymoose; Oct 27th 2007 at 3:28 pm. Reason: Because I'm a muppet!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Wow,

Thanks Ladymoose. I'll say though that that answer is what we're not hoping for My my, you must have used your patience to max.

Anyone else recently got their passports? Not including mail time? I was hoping for a week.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

blank00 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by canadianghostrider
Wow,

Thanks Ladymoose. I'll say though that that answer is what we're not hoping for My my, you must have used your patience to max.

Anyone else recently got their passports? Not including mail time? I was hoping for a week.
Hi - Can you please share your timeline? I just did my medical and sent out the RPRF a week back. Wondering how long would it take for them to ask for the passport. And, from your case, it seems like it is going to take a while to get the passports back if I mail them...so would rather plan on getting it done in person, at Buffalo.

Thanks!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:29 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

are you in canada? just be aware that if canada post is part of the transport chain this can be one cause for the long return time... two weeks return time from buffalo (including mailing time) seems to be average.

blank00 i don't see which way you've chosen. if meds are ok the average time to ppr is somewhere between 6 and 16 weeks. you might get a better idea here - but remember every case is different...

Last edited by lof; Oct 27th 2007 at 6:32 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Okay guys, got passports back with Shiny new Visa. Phew.

Man oh man, it took exactly three weeks from the day we sent to day we got back. Mail time included, but both sides mail was express meaning one day. So it takes over 2.5 weeks from Toronto --> Buffalo and back.

If you walk in Buffalo office in the morning, you get it back in 4 -6 hours. Your choice. Waiting 3 weeks was nightmare.

I say if you have an option to go to USA, or send someone with authorization to handle your case, send em. Not worth the wait, or worry about mail getting lost, not received and what not.

Good luck everyone. We are done.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

they've had mine for 12 days now, they're going to mess up my timetable if they don't get a move on
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

biobrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard a similar prediction for mailing time. I sent my passport to Buffalo from Toronto on Tuesday this week, the same day I received my PPR and was told that I should receive my passport back within three weeks. I know it is frustrating but we are on the home-stretch now. Hang in there and we will soon be landed.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadianghostrider
Okay guys, got passports back with Shiny new Visa. Phew.

Man oh man, it took exactly three weeks from the day we sent to day we got back. Mail time included, but both sides mail was express meaning one day. So it takes over 2.5 weeks from Toronto --> Buffalo and back.

If you walk in Buffalo office in the morning, you get it back in 4 -6 hours. Your choice. Waiting 3 weeks was nightmare.

I say if you have an option to go to USA, or send someone with authorization to handle your case, send em. Not worth the wait, or worry about mail getting lost, not received and what not.

Good luck everyone. We are done.
Not only that, you obviously will have problems travelling (family emergency etc) if passports are in transit to/from Buffalo.

Congratulations. Are you now going to go into the U.S. and return to Canada in order to "land"?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

For all those who've mailed PPs from Canada to the US...do you have any idea how long it takes to get mail between the two countries? Admittedly I live in New Jersey...500 miles away from Toronto...but mail from here to T.O. usually takes between 2 and 3 weeks.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

I've used overnight courier for every document, my passport was signed for at Buffalo on October 30th and has a return fedex envelope prepaid in it, it's still not been sent back to my lawyer let alone on it's way back to me
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:13 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
I've used overnight courier for every document, my passport was signed for at Buffalo on October 30th and has a return fedex envelope prepaid in it, it's still not been sent back to my lawyer let alone on it's way back to me
disclaimer: my file was in seattle. and ppr instructions are clearly office specific. so take the following with a pinch of salt.

at least last summer when a friend of mine got his ppr from buffalo the information clearly stated that they don't send the passports back with courrier. they gave him the possibility to enclose a prepaid canada post express envelope which they would post on this side of the boarder. otherwise it would come back with standard usps.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just checked with the lawyers, they use Fedex when dealing with me and vice versa and national expresspost (as opposed to US expresspost they say?) for Buffalo, apparently it specifies it on the PPR request but I haven't seen it yet although they are going to scan me a copy Do they allow national expresspost from Canada to the UK? Odd that they use different couriers for each leg
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mc_dub
I just checked with the lawyers, they use Fedex when dealing with me and vice versa and national expresspost (as opposed to US expresspost they say?) for Buffalo, apparently it specifies it on the PPR request but I haven't seen it yet although they are going to scan me a copy Do they allow national expresspost from Canada to the UK? Odd that they use different couriers for each leg

If you wish to read the instructions on mailing to Buffalo, they are here: http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-a...uctions-en.asp
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you wish to read the instructions on mailing to Buffalo, they are here: http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-a...uctions-en.asp

aaaargh confusion reigns! I knew there was a reason I assumed they used Fedex to send it, they emailed me a Fedex tracking number for sending it to Buffalo, I'm phoning them as soon as they open to see if the incompetence has continued to the very end or they included a national xpresspost return envelope in the Fedex package :curse: