Time scales

Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Time scales

I have just received my 90 day update letter (23 months early) and I have a few questions.
What time scales do you have after this ie my updates need to be back end of Jan09.
Then what happens ? Medical requests ?
How long do you have before you physically HAVE to go over ?
I heard you have a year and then you have to be over there 3 out of the next 5 years, this may all be wrong but could someone clarify this.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice
Default Re: Time scales

I've found the easiest way to tell this is by looking at people's signatures where they list their timelines so I'm posting as a *bounce* to get people to reply...

The one thing I know I was suprised of, is that your "year" to get out there is from the date of your medical not from the stamp on the passports etc...

From memory of OH looking it up last night I think you need to spend 730 odd days in the first 5 years ... he found the answer in the wiki articles though so have a quick search on there!

Good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Here are the wiki links:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...cy_Obligations
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for those links, I was just looking through trying to find it.
Pretty much answers all my questions, though im sure i will have more
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinm
I have just received my 90 day update letter (23 months early) and I have a few questions.
What time scales do you have after this ie my updates need to be back end of Jan09.
Then what happens ? Medical requests ?
How long do you have before you physically HAVE to go over ?
I heard you have a year and then you have to be over there 3 out of the next 5 years, this may all be wrong but could someone clarify this.
After you submit your updated documents, they may call you for an interview or waive that). After that its medical and after that passport request to stamp the visa on it.

Thats the process. How long it takes for each step varies from applicant to applicant and depends on several factors, such as how long it takes to do background and security checks.

As Tempest posted, you have 1 year from your medical to land.

To maintain your PR, you have to be in Canada for 2 years out of 5.

To apply for citizenship, you have to be in Canada for 3 years out of 4.

Ray