Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time for obtaining Police Certificates from CA??

Time for obtaining Police Certificates from CA??

Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:01 am
Just Joined

jaymistrymba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time for obtaining Police Certificates from CA??

Hi all,

I have sent off for my UK police certificates. As I lived and worked in Toronto for one year I also have to obtain police certificates from Canada as well. Does anyone know how long this will usually take???

Jay
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:35 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Time for obtaining Police Certificates from CA??

Originally Posted by jaymistrymba
Hi all,

I have sent off for my UK police certificates. As I lived and worked in Toronto for one year I also have to obtain police certificates from Canada as well. Does anyone know how long this will usually take???

Jay
Blooming long time! We applied for our RCMP certificates at the beginning of August and still haven't received them yet.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Iggy is an unknown quantity at this point

How long did it take to get your UK certificates if you don't mind me asking?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

I haven't received my UK ones yet but it did say on the form 'within 40 days'.

Originally Posted by Iggy
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Cor blimey! Is there any way you can chase that up?? or perhaps try resending the request again??

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Blooming long time! We applied for our RCMP certificates at the beginning of August and still haven't received them yet.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Virgosah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaymistrymba
I haven't received my UK ones yet but it did say on the form 'within 40 days'.
We got our UK police clearance back in 34 days, but have read about some people getting theirs back in a week. We were sent a letter of receipt after we submitted the application, and were given a file number. If you haven't received your police clearance within the 40 days, you need to contact them ASAP, as after the 40-day mark, you only have a further 28 days to get a copy, otherwise you need to submit another request.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Virgosah
We got our UK police clearance back in 34 days, but have read about some people getting theirs back in a week. We were sent a letter of receipt after we submitted the application, and were given a file number. If you haven't received your police clearance within the 40 days, you need to contact them ASAP, as after the 40-day mark, you only have a further 28 days to get a copy, otherwise you need to submit another request.
I got mine back in 34 days too , I guess it depends on how many addresses you have lived at, perhaps those who got it within a week have only lived at one address all their life. I had 4 addresses that needed to be checked and one was in the Channel Islands.

Jonny (Mr Virgosah)
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:45 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Iggy
Our UK certificates came within 10 days of mailing, so pretty much by return post. I have heard say that the RCMP ones take on average 150 days?? Not sure how reliable this info is though, but we are over 100 days now, so shouldn't be too much longer.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby submitted his fingerprints mid March for RCMP clearance and received them back at the beginning of July... so just under 4 months. I don't know if there is still a backlog, but it was 150 days at that point. He had only lived in one country since birth.

Cheers

Oggy