Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:22 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Originally Posted by Robbeck
We had our medicals on 20/1/2012 and got our passport requests by email this morning 13/2/2012:
Oh and how rude of me....massive congratulations!!

Where did you go for your meds?

Katie
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Robbeck is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our medicals in Vancouver, as here on twp was really surprised to hear so quick as the results had to go to Ottawa first before going to London, sent our passports off to London yesterday should have them back in 2 weeks then over to the border to activate.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:56 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbeck
We had our medicals in Vancouver, as here on twp was really surprised to hear so quick as the results had to go to Ottawa first before going to London, sent our passports off to London yesterday should have them back in 2 weeks then over to the border to activate.
The Vancouver and Surrey DMPs are now sending their results electronically to Ottawa, which is why they are so quick.
I am surprised that the UK ones aren't doing the same thing but then there is inconsistency throughout this process.

It is unlikely that passports will be back in a fortnight, Rob with Canada post on the way back.
I am surprised that you were asked to send yours, as from start of December they changed the rules and now they do not put any visa counterfoil into your passport, so they actually don't need it for anything.
You can send photocopies and they just send back the carbon copy paperwork for the border official to staple into the passports.
It took ours just under a month from courier (1 day!) there to receipt back here in BC, so I would expect yours to be the same-ish.

PR Top Trumps - we have been trumped already by a load of Cat 1s who applied at the same time and well after us but I would be happy to be trumped on this - some people have waited so long!