Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:45 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Question Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Hi,

Could those who have been in this position (I would say you lucky things, but I know it's all down to sheer handwork, determination and patience), please post the amount of time that it took from having medicals, to receiving PPR?

It would be really helpful, as I start trying to gauge from people's timelines and then I start reading other stuff and forget where I was and I'm still none-the-wiser.

Thanks
Katie
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:55 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time from Medicals to Passport Request

See my sig below:

Meds Done 23/11/2011
Passport requests 11/01/2012

Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:33 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pfw
See my sig below:

Meds Done 23/11/2011
Passport requests 11/01/2012

So, 7 weeks to the day for you pfw!

thanks, katie
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi,

I can't remember the exact dates but it was only four weeks. We had medicals in October and arrived in Toronto on 6th Jan.

Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:56 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

As timeline below,
Meds request Nov 28th 2011

Meds done Nov 29th 2011

Passport request 21st December 2011.

(We didn't send the passports off then because we didn't want them to be caught up in Christmas holidays.)

Passports sent 3rd January 2012

COPR received 2nd February 2012.

"Landed" 5th February 2012 (we were already here so took a trip to US and back!)

So from med done to passport requests - 22 days.

Is that a record?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:36 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Deeny
Hi,

I can't remember the exact dates but it was only four weeks. We had medicals in October and arrived in Toronto on 6th Jan.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by helcat12
As timeline below,
Meds request Nov 28th 2011

Meds done Nov 29th 2011

Passport request 21st December 2011.

(We didn't send the passports off then because we didn't want them to be caught up in Christmas holidays.)

Passports sent 3rd January 2012

COPR received 2nd February 2012.

"Landed" 5th February 2012 (we were already here so took a trip to US and back!)

So from med done to passport requests - 22 days.

Is that a record?
Four weeks is good, as is 22 days! If ours come by the end of the week, we would beat that. But I am obviously not holding my breath

So, any advance on 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 7 weeks?

Katie
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:50 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

See my signature
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by engineer80
See my signature
see my signature
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:36 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by engineer80
See my signature
So, 6 weeks and 6 days for yours!

Originally Posted by Melsa
see my signature
7 weeks and 4 days...after what looks like a 2nd medical in November.

Katie
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:42 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Oh and just had a reply from CIC to my e-mail in which I thanked them for the confirmation that the initial date on their med request letter was wrong and as I thought, should've been dated in January, not Dec.

They stated simply..."We will await review of the results by our medical section and also submission of the new UK police certificates."

I had to reply and confirm that new police had been sent and were received by them on 31/1

Within 7 mins they replied and again apologised for their error and confirmed receipt of draft and pol certs.

I know some have never had replies to their emails from CIC but I've always found them to be excellent. Straight to the point but still pretty efficient in the emails section!

So it will all depend on how soon the medical section will be able to get round to it I suppose. eeeek. More worrying!

Last edited by misskatpaw; Feb 7th 2012 at 1:52 pm. Reason: Update
Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
They stated simply..."We will await review of the results by our medical section and also submission of the new UK police certificates."

I had to reply and confirm that new police had been sent and were received by them on 31/1
Did you have to resubmit the police cert? Was it out of date? Ours is about 9 months old and I'm worried we'll have to redo?
Old Feb 8th 2012, 2:57 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carrin
Did you have to resubmit the police cert? Was it out of date? Ours is about 9 months old and I'm worried we'll have to redo?
London's policy seems to be that the police certificate must be in date when the visas are issued. So, if they think they are going to run it close to the expiry then they will ask for another set for PA and spouse.

Nothing to worry about, though as at least in the UK they are quick.

No other VO around the world asks for police certificates to be renewed from my information, except maybe Buffalo.
This seems very unfair to me and one of the inconsistencies in processing at different Visa Offices even thought they are all CIC.
People have said that is because pcs from other countries are hard to get while UK is easy but it still costs money to have another set.
The rules should be the same whichever VO you are applying at.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Robbeck is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our medicals on 20/1/2012 and got our passport requests by email this morning 13/2/2012:
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:15 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Robbeck
We had our medicals on 20/1/2012 and got our passport requests by email this morning 13/2/2012:
24 days - great !!!
( but we are still in the lead at 22 days!!)
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:55 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Robbeck
Originally Posted by helcat12
24 days - great !!!
( but we are still in the lead at 22 days!!)
Hiya Robbeck,

That's exactly the date that we had our meds too!
So really, we could hopefully hear any day now...hmm..!
It took our DMP 2 weeks to get all our results back and sent off to CHC though, meaning it was well over 2 weeks before anything landed at London. I wonder if that's a standard length of time?

Haha, it's like PPR Top Trumps!l

It's not even 9am yet, so maybe later today, who knows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.