British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Time from Medicals to Passport Request (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/time-medicals-passport-request-747606/)

misskatpaw Feb 6th 2012 1:45 pm

Time from Medicals to Passport Request

Hi,

Could those who have been in this position (I would say you lucky things, but I know it's all down to sheer handwork, determination and patience), please post the amount of time that it took from having medicals, to receiving PPR?

It would be really helpful, as I start trying to gauge from people's timelines and then I start reading other stuff and forget where I was and I'm still none-the-wiser.

:starsmile: Katie

pfw Feb 6th 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Time from Medicals to Passport Request

See my sig below:

Meds Done 23/11/2011
Passport requests 11/01/2012

:)

misskatpaw Feb 6th 2012 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by pfw (Post 9886730)
See my sig below:

Meds Done 23/11/2011
Passport requests 11/01/2012

:)

So, 7 weeks to the day for you pfw!

thanks, katie :starsmile:

Deeny Feb 6th 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,

I can't remember the exact dates but it was only four weeks. We had medicals in October and arrived in Toronto on 6th Jan.

Good luck. :)

helcat12 Feb 7th 2012 12:56 am

As timeline below,
Meds request Nov 28th 2011

Meds done Nov 29th 2011

Passport request 21st December 2011.

(We didn't send the passports off then because we didn't want them to be caught up in Christmas holidays.)

Passports sent 3rd January 2012

COPR received 2nd February 2012.

"Landed" 5th February 2012 (we were already here so took a trip to US and back!)

So from med done to passport requests - 22 days.

Is that a record?:o

misskatpaw Feb 7th 2012 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Deeny (Post 9886901)
Hi,

I can't remember the exact dates but it was only four weeks. We had medicals in October and arrived in Toronto on 6th Jan.

Good luck. :)

Originally Posted by helcat12 (Post 9887794)
As timeline below,
Meds request Nov 28th 2011

Meds done Nov 29th 2011

Passport request 21st December 2011.

(We didn't send the passports off then because we didn't want them to be caught up in Christmas holidays.)

Passports sent 3rd January 2012

COPR received 2nd February 2012.

"Landed" 5th February 2012 (we were already here so took a trip to US and back!)

So from med done to passport requests - 22 days.

Is that a record?:o

Four weeks is good, as is 22 days! If ours come by the end of the week, we would beat that. But I am obviously not holding my breath :lol:

So, any advance on 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 7 weeks?

Katie :starsmile:

engineer80 Feb 7th 2012 8:50 am

See my signature :thumbup:

Melsa Feb 7th 2012 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by engineer80 (Post 9888239)

see my signature

misskatpaw Feb 7th 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by engineer80 (Post 9888239)

So, 6 weeks and 6 days for yours!
:starsmile:

Originally Posted by Melsa (Post 9888493)
see my signature

7 weeks and 4 days...after what looks like a 2nd medical in November.

Katie :starsmile:

misskatpaw Feb 7th 2012 1:42 pm

Oh and just had a reply from CIC to my e-mail in which I thanked them for the confirmation that the initial date on their med request letter was wrong and as I thought, should've been dated in January, not Dec.

They stated simply..."We will await review of the results by our medical section and also submission of the new UK police certificates."

I had to reply and confirm that new police had been sent and were received by them on 31/1 :o

Within 7 mins they replied and again apologised for their error and confirmed receipt of draft and pol certs.

I know some have never had replies to their emails from CIC but I've always found them to be excellent. Straight to the point but still pretty efficient in the emails section!

So it will all depend on how soon the medical section will be able to get round to it I suppose. eeeek. More worrying! :unsure:

carrin Feb 8th 2012 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by misskatpaw (Post 9888653)
They stated simply..."We will await review of the results by our medical section and also submission of the new UK police certificates."

I had to reply and confirm that new police had been sent and were received by them on 31/1 :o

Did you have to resubmit the police cert? Was it out of date? Ours is about 9 months old and I'm worried we'll have to redo?

helcat12 Feb 8th 2012 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by carrin (Post 9890617)
Did you have to resubmit the police cert? Was it out of date? Ours is about 9 months old and I'm worried we'll have to redo?

London's policy seems to be that the police certificate must be in date when the visas are issued. So, if they think they are going to run it close to the expiry then they will ask for another set for PA and spouse.

Nothing to worry about, though as at least in the UK they are quick.

No other VO around the world asks for police certificates to be renewed from my information, except maybe Buffalo.
This seems very unfair to me and one of the inconsistencies in processing at different Visa Offices even thought they are all CIC.
People have said that is because pcs from other countries are hard to get while UK is easy but it still costs money to have another set.
The rules should be the same whichever VO you are applying at.

Robbeck Feb 14th 2012 2:10 am

We had our medicals on 20/1/2012 and got our passport requests by email this morning 13/2/2012::rofl::thumbsup:

helcat12 Feb 14th 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Robbeck (Post 9900711)
We had our medicals on 20/1/2012 and got our passport requests by email this morning 13/2/2012::rofl::thumbsup:

24 days - great !!!:thumbup:
( but we are still in the lead at 22 days!!:thumbsup:)

misskatpaw Feb 14th 2012 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Robbeck (Post 9900711)

Originally Posted by helcat12 (Post 9900718)
24 days - great !!!:thumbup:
( but we are still in the lead at 22 days!!:thumbsup:)

Hiya Robbeck,

That's exactly the date that we had our meds too!
So really, we could hopefully hear any day now...hmm..!
It took our DMP 2 weeks to get all our results back and sent off to CHC though, meaning it was well over 2 weeks before anything landed at London. I wonder if that's a standard length of time?

Haha, it's like PPR Top Trumps!l :rofl:

It's not even 9am yet, so maybe later today, who knows :fingerscrossed: