Time limits for PPR

Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Bubba007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time limits for PPR

Hi, new to the forum, in England and looking to make the big move to BC soon!

Immigration papers submitted mid Nov 07 (my husband (canadian citizen) is sponsoring me (UK citizen).

For those of you who have had their PPR from London, how long have you got to send your passport in for you PR stamp? And, how long do London take to deal with this / return your passport?
Can you go to the Canadian Embassy in person to get this dealt with sooner / is there a cost???

Last edited by Bubba007; Nov 20th 2007 at 6:13 am.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:58 am
Just Joined

verybadbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time limits for PPR

I would also like to know the answer to this. What happens if you are on holiday when PPR comes through?

How long do you have to send them in and is there some sort of expiry date?

Any advice would be superb.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road

You get 60 days from the date of the letter. 6 weeks turnaround time by CHC if you post the passport... 2 weeks if you go in person.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:48 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubba007
Hi, new to the forum, in England and looking to make the big move to BC soon!

Immigration papers submitted mid Nov 07 (my husband (canadian citizen) is sponsoring me (UK citizen).

For those of you who have had their PPR from London, how long have you got to send your passport in for you PR stamp? And, how long do London take to deal with this / return your passport?
Can you go to the Canadian Embassy in person to get this dealt with sooner / is there a cost???
Hi Bubba, welcome to BE. We are in a similar situation. I'm English, Hubby is from Van. We fall into the sponsored family rules. Makes things so much simpler.
Do you intend to work yourself in Canada?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Bubba007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for information on PPR time limits.

Yes, intending to work but not sure when the PR process will be complete!

Seems to be quite a variety of experiences in terms of time-frames.