Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time Frame of FSW, PNP and Temporary Work Permit applications

Time Frame of FSW, PNP and Temporary Work Permit applications

Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:13 am
Just Joined

shankqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time Frame of FSW, PNP and Temporary Work Permit applications

Me: 27 yrs old, UK PhD, worked full-time in US for 2 years.
Got a new job offer from Toronto, so thinking about move the wife and myself over there.

Question:
If I submit PR application through Buffalo office, how long will the whole process take?

My Choices:
1. FSW: 6-18 months?
2. PNP: 3+3 months for Nominee approval, then another 6-10 months for CIC. I may apply work permit in the second phase of the process?
3. Temporary Work Permit: can be obtained less than a month? then after landed, I may apply for PR for shorter time?

Since my new employer is sort of eager to get me over there ASAP, which option should I go?

Any input is appreciated!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: Time Frame of FSW, PNP and Temporary Work Permit applications

Originally Posted by shankqiu
Me: 27 yrs old, UK PhD, worked full-time in US for 2 years.
Got a new job offer from Toronto, so thinking about move the wife and myself over there.

Question:
If I submit PR application through Buffalo office, how long will the whole process take?

My Choices:
1. FSW: 6-18 months?
2. PNP: 3+3 months for Nominee approval, then another 6-10 months for CIC. I may apply work permit in the second phase of the process?
3. Temporary Work Permit: can be obtained less than a month? then after landed, I may apply for PR for shorter time?

Since my new employer is sort of eager to get me over there ASAP, which option should I go?

Any input is appreciated!
Hi
I think you have answered your own question there if your employer wants you there asap...WP

but me and hubby came on WP's....hubby got spousal open work permit as i am principle applicant, we have just applied for perm residency through the PNP route and are waiting on that, i guess it depends on how supportive your employer is not many are aware of the PNP route and the process, the paperwork can be a hassell

it also depends on your own circumstances

good luck anyway
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi
I think you have answered your own question there if your employer wants you there asap...WP

but me and hubby came on WP's....hubby got spousal open work permit as i am principle applicant, we have just applied for perm residency through the PNP route and are waiting on that, i guess it depends on how supportive your employer is not many are aware of the PNP route and the process, the paperwork can be a hassell

it also depends on your own circumstances

good luck anyway
Thanks for the reply.

So my time info is about right... Can I save some time by applying for PNP/FSW when I'm in Canada?

Good luck with your application
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shankqiu
Thanks for the reply.

So my time info is about right... Can I save some time by applying for PNP/FSW when I'm in Canada?

Good luck with your application
You can apply for it in the UK, or once you're in Canada, either way. You just need the LMO and then you can get that application in.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can apply for it in the UK, or once you're in Canada, either way. You just need the LMO and then you can get that application in.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Which way is faster? easier?

Thanks!