Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Molson 03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Hi There

Have been looking at this site for the first time today and thought I can contribute something to this!

Our timelines as below:

Initial Application Received by Campbell & Cohen - 2nd May 2005
Application submitted - 6th May 2005
AOR Received - 19th July 2005
90 Day Notification received - 12th March 2007 - updated documents etc sent
Request for medical received - 19th September 2007 - or today on our return from holiday with happy news that we don't need an interview at this stage.

Personally, I feel like I have been waiting half of my life to get to this point which feels like an achievement worthy of a post holiday glass of wine! Research suggests that after the medical takes place (which I hope will be in the next 4 weeks), we will wait several months before we hear anything more.

Good luck with your application

Kelly
Heck - that was quick! Did you slip in an extra fiver?!

How quick did you return your updated info? I know we sent ours in late (just before the 30 days was up) as we had a daughter on the way (sods law, she was born just after the 30 days so we sent a second update).

I guess your AOR said 30 months too?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by robwrx
Sent our updated info back 17th August 2007.
The letter we got 22nd June 2007 said they estimate they will start to process Aug 2005 applications in approx. 3 months and we may expect to hear something within 3 to 5 months.
I would hope to get medical request as an early Christmas present.

2008 Could be a busy year.
Let 's hope you do here something by Christmas that would be great. I am still hoping that too, but after 9 months with no medical request I am just learning to live with the waiting game! We just are fortunate to already be here on the WP but it would be nice to finalise everything indeed!
heres hoping, Clare
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We received our 90 day letter 6th March 2007 and submitted info by early May. Not heard a thing since.

Here's waiting.......

Peter

AOR - JULY 2005 (30 Months)
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by claredobson
Hi Kelly,
I read your posting and was very envious, like you said you seem to of been waiting a lifetime!! We seem like we have been waiting forever too........
AOR Feb 2005
90 day letter Dec 2006
And nothing since!
Luckily we have been here since Feb on a work permit, otherwise we would be going insane with the wait!

It's well worth the wait though, we all love the lifestyle here and hardly miss Leeds at all!

Hope all goes well, Clare
Hi Clare

Friends suggested we go for the work permit route instead of hanging on but I was concerned that we would get there, love it and then be told to bog off!

I guess you have a better chance of PR if you are already in employment though?

Thats a very long 90 days you're having!!

Kelly
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:18 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever any one says dont expect anything is all I can advise, we were climbing the walls by July this year buggered off on holiday to Majorca to try to forget it all, lo & behold med requests arrived while we were away

We sent our updated info in Jan 07 & got our med requests aug 07 had meds aug 21st (5 weeks ago) & no news yet
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Molson 03
Heck - that was quick! Did you slip in an extra fiver?!

How quick did you return your updated info? I know we sent ours in late (just before the 30 days was up) as we had a daughter on the way (sods law, she was born just after the 30 days so we sent a second update).

I guess your AOR said 30 months too?
Hi Molson 03

We sent our updated docs to our legal people on 2nd May - as soon as we had our new criminal record checks back- they sent it off to "who knows where" on 15th May.

Yes, our AOR said 30 months which at the time we were surprised about as the legal people (Campbell & Cohen who have ben very good) said approx 12-18 months when we first started looking into all of this.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I reckon that may have slowed things down on the bureaucracy front - two sets of papers to be joined up and all - but totally worth it!

K
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi there

We look to be the first of the 36 month'ers after AOR on these threads. However, we still received the 90 day request in July 2007, just managed
to get them updated with a week to spare, but the online status is
now "In Process" dated 9th September 2007? The deadline was 4th OCt 07?

Wish everyone luck with their applications!

RGP
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Hi Clare

Friends suggested we go for the work permit route instead of hanging on but I was concerned that we would get there, love it and then be told to bog off!

I guess you have a better chance of PR if you are already in employment though?

Thats a very long 90 days you're having!!

Kelly
I have fingers crossed that someone will open our file one day!!!

We were told when the WP was issued we would be fast tracked....not happened I think!

There are lots of people with AOR after ours who have already got Medicals, I'm struggling to understand how the files are sorted. At least we have 2 years left on the WP for now!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have heard or rather read on other forums around here that sometimes an email or letter query to CICS can magically get the ball rolling again.

I'll try to find the forum that I read on this and provide a reference.

Anyone else discovered this?

RGP
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

We actually got our 90 day and medical requests all at once. We are in Canada now on a 3 year work permit which started 1st August and letter including medical forms was sent mid August. We have had the medicals here in Canada, but awaiting updated police checks from UK before we can send the rest off.

We may actually miss the 90 days because of the police checks being so slow at the moment, but we have been told we can extend it and as we are here anyway there is no urgency.

One concern I do have is that when we do get to the stage of sending off passports, how long will I be without mine for? I am travelling to US on a monthly basis at the moment and Europe every couple of months so I really can't be without my passport for a significant length of time.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claredobson
Hi Kaz,

We received our 90 day notice back on 23 December 2006 and replied within several weeks.
We have been here in Canada since Feb 2007 on a work permit and we haven't heard anything back about medicals so far.

It does seem to be a long waiting game!

Clare
Hi
I think if this much time had passed, that I would be e-mailing CIC in case it had all got lost in the post, just to be on the safe side. You may even draw their attention back to your application.
cheers
Stef and Lins
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
I think if this much time had passed, that I would be e-mailing CIC in case it had all got lost in the post, just to be on the safe side. You may even draw their attention back to your application.
cheers
Stef and Lins
Yes we have emailed them 4 weeks ago and written but still no news, we got the standard "Reply within 48 hours" email back but nothing else since then. I guess they are just super busy, I hope they havent forgot us!!!
Clare