Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Hi all

I have been scanning everyones signatures to get an idea of how long it takes on average from receiving the 90-day update letter from CHC and getting medical requests.

Thought it would be nice to get it all in one thread so very grateful if people can post their experiences here.

For us: 90-day letter received 22 June 2007, updated docs sent 10 Aug 2007. med reqs received: ?????????

Kaz x
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Time from 90 day letter to med reqs

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi all

I have been scanning everyones signatures to get an idea of how long it takes on average from receiving the 90-day update letter from CHC and getting medical requests.

Thought it would be nice to get it all in one thread so very grateful if people can post their experiences here.

For us: 90-day letter received 22 June 2007, updated docs sent 10 Aug 2007. med reqs received: ?????????

Kaz x
I have no idea, but as we are in the same position as you I'd be interested in the responses you receive
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:48 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

We received our 90 day letter 22/6/07 also. All info returned.
From what I can see from other peoples timelines its about a 6 month wait to medical request So hopefully we will have an exciting christmas.
Have you started looking at shipping companies etc. Keep us up to date with hows things are going and where you are up to with everything.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Kaz x
Hi Kaz,

We received our 90 day notice back on 23 December 2006 and replied within several weeks.
We have been here in Canada since Feb 2007 on a work permit and we haven't heard anything back about medicals so far.

It does seem to be a long waiting game!

Clare
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

hi,

I have been looking for similar timelines too. While browsing this forum, i think i have seen some march2005 applicants and a couple of April 2005's getting medical request.

I think we Aug 2005 applicants who updated information in Aug 2007 would probably get something in Jan or feb2008. I am getting scared here.

regs
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:56 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Hi all

Kaz x
We know how you feel. My husband and I are constantly discussing when we might hear something. The sad thing is that while you might be able to work out an average time scale - every case is going to be different from here onwards. I have seen some June 2005 AORs receive med requests on here already, while some people with January 2005/February 2005 AORs are still waiting - even though they had document update requests back in December 2006!

I am sure I am not telling you anything new...

Our time line: 90-day letter received 7 July 2007, updated docs sent 18 August 2007.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice

Hi,

Our AOR is Jun-05, 90 day letter dated 15-Jan-07, medical requests received 22-Sep-07.

Maria.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Molson 03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giggimickey
Hi,

Our AOR is Jun-05, 90 day letter dated 15-Jan-07, medical requests received 22-Sep-07.

Maria.
Maria

How many months did the quote on your AOR? As we were 25th July 05, it doesn't sound like we are far behind unless they increased the expected time between the two.

Many thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

The guideline they give is 6 months from updates to Medical Request. I believe from our experience and from others on here, thats 6 months from sending updates back. In our case update letter received dated 15th Jan, deadline 15th Apr. But we sent back mid March and were told by our agent we couldn't hassle CHC until September. In the end we didn't need to hassle them.

Hope that helps

Chris
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Hi There

Have been looking at this site for the first time today and thought I can contribute something to this!

Our timelines as below:

Initial Application Received by Campbell & Cohen - 2nd May 2005
Application submitted - 6th May 2005
AOR Received - 19th July 2005
90 Day Notification received - 12th March 2007 - updated documents etc sent
Request for medical received - 19th September 2007 - or today on our return from holiday with happy news that we don't need an interview at this stage.

Personally, I feel like I have been waiting half of my life to get to this point which feels like an achievement worthy of a post holiday glass of wine! Research suggests that after the medical takes place (which I hope will be in the next 4 weeks), we will wait several months before we hear anything more.

Good luck with your application

Kelly
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Medicals to PPR is averaging about 4 weeks. Then from PPR on you have two choices either send your Passport (signed for) to CHC or take it by hand, by hand gives you a 2 week turnaround, by post could be 10 days could be a month, depending how bad your post is.

Since you used an agent same as us, can i share one bit of advice. I paid my agent the final installment when we had our medical requests and then got him to change the registered address with CHC from their office address to my home address. Since my agent was in Vancouver, this saved a lot of time. Prior to that requests were going to him there, then to be forwarded to me.

All the best

Chris
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Molson 03
Maria

How many months did the quote on your AOR? As we were 25th July 05, it doesn't sound like we are far behind unless they increased the expected time between the two.

Many thanks
We were quoted 30 months from 15th Jun 05. I estimate that by the time we have our medicals done, receive our PPRs etc it will be December - bang on 30 months!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Hi There

Have been looking at this site for the first time today and thought I can contribute something to this!

Our timelines as below:

Initial Application Received by Campbell & Cohen - 2nd May 2005
Application submitted - 6th May 2005
AOR Received - 19th July 2005
90 Day Notification received - 12th March 2007 - updated documents etc sent
Request for medical received - 19th September 2007 - or today on our return from holiday with happy news that we don't need an interview at this stage.

Personally, I feel like I have been waiting half of my life to get to this point which feels like an achievement worthy of a post holiday glass of wine! Research suggests that after the medical takes place (which I hope will be in the next 4 weeks), we will wait several months before we hear anything more.

Good luck with your application

Kelly
Hi Kelly,
I read your posting and was very envious, like you said you seem to of been waiting a lifetime!! We seem like we have been waiting forever too........
AOR Feb 2005
90 day letter Dec 2006
And nothing since!
Luckily we have been here since Feb on a work permit, otherwise we would be going insane with the wait!

It's well worth the wait though, we all love the lifestyle here and hardly miss Leeds at all!

Hope all goes well, Clare
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
We received our 90 day letter 22/6/07 also. All info returned.
From what I can see from other peoples timelines its about a 6 month wait to medical request So hopefully we will have an exciting christmas.
Have you started looking at shipping companies etc. Keep us up to date with hows things are going and where you are up to with everything.
Hi,

Our timeline is quiet slow I am afraid compared to some, I think it must just be to do with which desk it lands on!
We had our 90 day letter on the 18th Dec, and sent the reply mid Jan and we have not heard anything since.
Luckily we are here on a WP so we are kind of living the dream, just waiting for news!
Clare
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

Sent our updated info back 17th August 2007.
The letter we got 22nd June 2007 said they estimate they will start to process Aug 2005 applications in approx. 3 months and we may expect to hear something within 3 to 5 months.
I would hope to get medical request as an early Christmas present.

2008 Could be a busy year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.