Tiaribbon ?

Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default Tiaribbon ?

How was the interview ?
Julius
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:04 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tiaribbon ?

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
How was the interview ?
Julius
10 mins long, asked for NO documents, only passports! Wished us well in our new venture in Canada and this was the reason for the interview!!

Visa Officer said that the only reason they had called us was to pass on their bet wishes in person and welcome us to the rest of our new life!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
10 mins long, asked for NO documents, only passports! Wished us well in our new venture in Canada and this was the reason for the interview!!

Visa Officer said that the only reason they had called us was to pass on their bet wishes in person and welcome us to the rest of our new life!
That's great news, well done But couldn't they have done that via fax/phone/email and saved you the airfare?!

Biiiiink
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Did they also pay for your expenses???...I mean that was perhaps a very expensive welcome, don't you think???
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:31 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Bastards, what a wind up!

Congratulations!!! Must be a weight off!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:04 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Congratulations

Give the Pony a hug from us.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:40 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! Did they tell how how long it will take before getting the visa stamp?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Tiaribbon ?

[Many many congratulations to you and your family.

God bless

Sher
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Great !
Good luck

Julius
Old Feb 4th 2005, 11:00 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MJ23
Congratulations! Did they tell how how long it will take before getting the visa stamp?
Thanks everyone!! I am just so thrilled that the airfare has paled into insignificance now. (And I had a pretty great time anyway.)

MJ: He said that the medical forms will be sent out forthwith and that we should have the PR visa stamped in our passports within 3 months (his words). To be honest I am not fussed about anything now as we are still here on the permits, so plenty time.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:39 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone!! I am just so thrilled that the airfare has paled into insignificance now. (And I had a pretty great time anyway.)

MJ: He said that the medical forms will be sent out forthwith and that we should have the PR visa stamped in our passports within 3 months (his words). To be honest I am not fussed about anything now as we are still here on the permits, so plenty time.
Great! Are you done enjoying the moment? Now get in line and start waiting

Last edited by MJ23; Feb 4th 2005 at 1:59 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:58 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done guys

Keep the posts coming, invaluable information !!!

Anyway enjoy your new found freedom

Eddie

PS was shitty what visa office did, but you got there in the end !!

Eddie
Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:50 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Well done guys

Keep the posts coming, invaluable information !!!

Anyway enjoy your new found freedom

Eddie

PS was shitty what visa office did, but you got there in the end !!

Eddie
Well I don't know how valuable our info is, as we are so often reminded that each case is unique! But............... if I was reading my posts then I would take comfort from them, lol!!!

All I have offered to you is what has happened in our situation - whether this is "normal" or not I have no idea. I just feel that when a significant part of the process occurs (like being called for an interview) there always seems to be doom and gloom offered as advice - all I have given is a true account of what happened to us which has run contrary to some suggestions offered on here, and that it is NOT all negative. To be honest I haven't heard of any UK citizen having a dreadful interview or been turned down at this stage. I am very interested to hear how Wensamjam's interview goes; and I am hopeful that hers is as short and sweet as ours was.

It is unfortunate that so many people once achieving PR, leave the forum and therefore take their valuable information with them. I hope my experience has been pretty typical of UK cases and that it does ease the worry somewhat for others about to deal with certain parts of the process.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I have to say that I don't really feel any different as living in Canada anyway seems to have taken the excitement of what has just happened away. I was elated when we heard the news but this has been short-lived and I am just back enjoying my life here in Canada again.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:55 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Well I don't know how valuable our info is, as we are so often reminded that each case is unique! But............... if I was reading my posts then I would take comfort from them, lol!!!

All I have offered to you is what has happened in our situation - whether this is "normal" or not I have no idea. I just feel that when a significant part of the process occurs (like being called for an interview) there always seems to be doom and gloom offered as advice - all I have given is a true account of what happened to us which has run contrary to some suggestions offered on here, and that it is NOT all negative. To be honest I haven't heard of any UK citizen having a dreadful interview or been turned down at this stage. I am very interested to hear how Wensamjam's interview goes; and I am hopeful that hers is as short and sweet as ours was.

It is unfortunate that so many people once achieving PR, leave the forum and therefore take their valuable information with them. I hope my experience has been pretty typical of UK cases and that it does ease the worry somewhat for others about to deal with certain parts of the process.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I have to say that I don't really feel any different as living in Canada anyway seems to have taken the excitement of what has just happened away. I was elated when we heard the news but this has been short-lived and I am just back enjoying my life here in Canada again.
Well said, I think we all need to hear the positive news, and thanks for taking the time for those posts that show some light at the end of the tunnel, I will give you some Karma for that, you really deserve it.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:00 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by mhhp
Well said, I think we all need to hear the positive news, and thanks for taking the time for those posts that show some light at the end of the tunnel, I will give you some Karma for that, you really deserve it.
Thank you . I have given you some karma too for keeping everyone's spirits up on here. Sometimes the strain gets too much and your light-hearted approach is like a breath of fresh air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.