Thoughts on SW PR Timeline

Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:39 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Thoughts on SW PR Timeline

My letter of application was signed for on the 16th of April and I've had no letter of receipt yet. After I sent an email I got a reply last week saying:

"Please be advised that your file was created on 25 July 2008 and a
letter acknowledging receipt of the application will be sent shortly.

We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any
further information."

Would anyone care to share their timelines for this kind of thing? It's probably just me being impatient but I can't help but worry.

Cheers

EDIT: Probably should mention I've applied to the London office but I'm on a TWP in Toronto
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:42 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Re: Thoughts on SW PR Timeline

Just another quick question.

The email gave me a file ID number, I've tried entering it into eCAS but it keeps saying it can't find any records. This added to the fact my bankers draft still hasn't been cashed is starting to worry me. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:00 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

When trying to access ECas , you need to put your country of birth in as ENGLAND , not UK or any of the other options. This applies even if you were not born in England , as CIC seems to have difficulty understanding the concept of the different countries within the UK.

Hope this works for you
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:34 pm
Property Owner

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
When trying to access ECas , you need to put your country of birth in as ENGLAND , not UK or any of the other options. This applies even if you were not born in England , as CIC seems to have difficulty understanding the concept of the different countries within the UK.

Hope this works for you
That worked a treat, thanks for that.

Now I can compulsively hit refresh waiting for the 'in process' to change
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:39 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with that , ours didn't change until after we had landed as PRs.