For those who got an IEC.....

Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those who got an IEC.....

Hi Guys,

A little background - I`m heading to Canada on a TWP but one of my friends was hoping to go via the IEC scheme - is age the only factor (under 30?) in being eligible?

He very much missed the boat yesterday but wants to be ready for the next round on the 25th when I believe there will be another intake (2000 or so?)

What can he do to prepare? He mentioned something about registering for a "Kompass" account, I had a look on the site but cannot register (which is what he said) - can this only be done when the places are released i.e. on the 25th when it next opens?

Heres the link I tried: https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...ionClosed.aspx

The strange thing is he is located in the UK but can claim Irish nationality (as well as British although he currently doesnt have an Irish passport) and the Irish site will allow you to create a "Kompass" account now

This is the link: https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...?regionCode=IE

Whats the reason for this? Does Ireland have a special deal or is it a computer glitch?

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: For those who got an IEC.....

a) He MUST apply as a UK national because there are no more places left for Irish
b) To get ready he should have a scanned copy of the photo page of his passport ready to upload and a copy of his CV ready to hand (he may not need to upload this but he will need to enter the dates of education and employment)
c) He wont be able to open an IKompass account until the second batch of places are released
d) He should check he still has 16 month to run on his passport, and he should apply for a police certificate as he will need that for the second stage and it can take up to two weeks to arrive (though usually quicker)
e) Other things that could preclude him other than age are a criminal record, a history of overstaying visas or being denied entry to countries, misrepresenting himself on his application form......... hopefully nothing else!
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Mike - I`ll pass the info on
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Age and criminal record seem now to be the only real eligibility criteria for IEC, now they've removed the residency requirement (used to require you to have lived for a certain amount of time over the last 3 years in your country of residence)

Irish visas are all gone this year so your friend would have to wait till the 2014 program opens. You shouldn't be able to create a Irish Kompass account. His best bet is the UK visa.

So basically wait till the 25th and get the following things ready: A scan of the identity page of his passport, the dates he has worked at all his jobs in the last 3 years, as well as the dates he took the course for his highest educational achievement.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yeastery
Age and criminal record seem now to be the only real eligibility criteria for IEC, now they've removed the residency requirement (used to require you to have lived for a certain amount of time over the last 3 years in your country of residence)

Irish visas are all gone this year so your friend would have to wait till the 2014 program opens. You shouldn't be able to create a Irish Kompass account. His best bet is the UK visa.

So basically wait till the 25th and get the following things ready: A scan of the identity page of his passport, the dates he has worked at all his jobs in the last 3 years, as well as the dates he took the course for his highest educational achievement.
So do you reckon he should apply for the police clearance too?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Yup get the ACPO certificate now he will need it for the second stage. http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
Yup get the ACPO certificate now he will need it for the second stage. http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Ive sent him the link, strangely Ive just went through the process myself and received mine last friday