Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

For those that have had their ceremony

For those that have had their ceremony

Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default For those that have had their ceremony

For anyone that has already had their citizenship ceremony, do your underage children HAVE to be present?
I was just wondering, as they are becoming citizens as well, if they would have to be there. They might be out of the country, when we're expecting ours.
TIA
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those that have had their ceremony

Originally Posted by joelsa
For anyone that has already had their citizenship ceremony, do your underage children HAVE to be present?
I was just wondering, as they are becoming citizens as well, if they would have to be there. They might be out of the country, when we're expecting ours.
TIA
It's on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...t-ceremony.asp

Who must go

Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but they are welcome to do so.

Old Apr 6th 2014, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at the website!
Old Apr 6th 2014, 2:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at the website!
The information is in my original post above.

Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but they are welcome to do so