Thinking of moving to canada

Old Sep 3rd 2018, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

CMH8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to canada

Hi - I hope this is the right place to post. Me and my family (husband and 3 children) are looking to immigrate to canada. We're in the early stages of it and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the different processes. We would probably be looking at New brunswick more specifically Frédéricton. We currently live in England. I have a degree in business (2.1) and my husband the equivalent of an HND when he was in the police. He is currently a painter and decorator and I am at the moment a SAHM but was an account manager (sales). From what I can see we can't seem to find out if we're eligible without having a language test? which will cost us nearly £400. Is this right? I've no idea on the process and wonder if we would be best going to an agent? If so what are the best agents (ie no cowboys!) And if anyone has moved to the above areas could you share your experiences. Thanks for reading and sorry for all the questions!
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to canada

Im guessing you are both UK citizens over 30 so the IEC is not an option.
That then leaves you with the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Provincial Nominee from New Brunswick.
For the FSW you start off by seeing if either of you score more than 67 by using this link. Give yourself points even if you haven't taken the language testing

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-workers.html

More about the FSW can be found here

For the Federal Skilled Worker if you have the 67 or over then you would see how many points you get on the CRS guide

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Currently for FSW the points to get accepted are 440 or over. It is lower under the Federal Skilled Trades programme.

For the Federal Skilled Trades stream read the link below and not that it is different to the FSW stream

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

Finally see if you qualify under the New Brunswick PNP stream

https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel...eeProgram.html

You need to supply us with more details like ages, any post secondary education qualifications (note diplomas NVQ) usually not accepted they are looking at degrees etc.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to FLs post that for these applications language testing is required.

Also most people on this forum advise against using an agent for a few reasons:
1) you can pretty much all the advise you need on the forum from people you have been through the process recently, current CBSA officers, immigration advisors etc.
2) An agent cannot gain you more points
3) you will do most of the form filling yourself anyway

As FL said the best thing is to check your eligibility and scores first by assuming you have taken the language testing and see if it is going to be worthwhile pursuing. Also note that 400 pound is a drop in the ocean with what you will spend on the application and moving. You will also have application fees, acceptance fees, ECAs, police certificates etc.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 2:57 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CMH8
Hi - I hope this is the right place to post. Me and my family (husband and 3 children) are looking to immigrate to canada. We're in the early stages of it and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the different processes. We would probably be looking at New brunswick more specifically Frédéricton. We currently live in England. I have a degree in business (2.1) and my husband the equivalent of an HND when he was in the police. He is currently a painter and decorator and I am at the moment a SAHM but was an account manager (sales). From what I can see we can't seem to find out if we're eligible without having a language test? which will cost us nearly £400. Is this right? I've no idea on the process and wonder if we would be best going to an agent? If so what are the best agents (ie no cowboys!) And if anyone has moved to the above areas could you share your experiences. Thanks for reading and sorry for all the questions!
The language IELTS test should be only £160 each. I don't know if you are counting any additional tests for French?
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 8:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im guessing you are both UK citizens over 30 so the IEC is not an option.
That then leaves you with the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Provincial Nominee from New Brunswick.
For the FSW you start off by seeing if either of you score more than 67 by using this link. Give yourself points even if you haven't taken the language testing

More about the FSW can be found here

For the Federal Skilled Worker if you have the 67 or over then you would see how many points you get on the CRS guide

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Currently for FSW the points to get accepted are 440 or over. It is lower under the Federal Skilled Trades programme.

For the Federal Skilled Trades stream read the link below and not that it is different to the FSW stream

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

Finally see if you qualify under the New Brunswick PNP stream

https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel...eeProgram.html

You need to supply us with more details like ages, any post secondary education qualifications (note diplomas NVQ) usually not accepted they are looking at degrees etc.
THIS!

And THIS!
Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Just to add to FLs post that for these applications language testing is required.

Also most people on this forum advise against using an agent for a few reasons:
1) you can pretty much all the advise you need on the forum from people you have been through the process recently, current CBSA officers, immigration advisors etc.
2) An agent cannot gain you more points
3) you will do most of the form filling yourself anyway

As FL said the best thing is to check your eligibility and scores first by assuming you have taken the language testing and see if it is going to be worthwhile pursuing. Also note that 400 pound is a drop in the ocean with what you will spend on the application and moving. You will also have application fees, acceptance fees, ECAs, police certificates etc.

(not forgetting the fees for Right of Permanent Residence and the proof of funds...... and the cost to actually move here and start again!)