Thinking of a move to Canada

Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

noddynoble is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thinking of a move to Canada

Originally Posted by raymasa
Age is one of the 6 selection factors. You will get maximum points (10) if you are between 21 and 49 years old.

I am assuming you have done the self assessment at the CIC site?

http://cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/s.../apply-who.asp

Ray
Hi raymasa,
Thank you for that. No, even more than thanks. Wow I wouldn't of thought that 45+ would be on, I will check that site out very soon, that has given me a lot of confidence. Thank you very much.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:56 am
Just Joined

corrina is an unknown quantity at this point

hay i also want to move to canada, im only 20 wit no bagage so y nt, just woundered if u found out how to live there as i dont think i class as a skilled worker?

corrina
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corrina
hay i also want to move to canada, im only 20 wit no bagage so y nt, just woundered if u found out how to live there as i dont think i class as a skilled worker?

corrina
Hi and welcome,

Forget the skilled worker route at the moment anyway - it's got a huge backlog and any applications sent at the moment are simply being put in a huge pile. It's anticipated that changes brought in later this year will reject any applications made since Feb 2008 without pre-arranged employment.

One way to get there is to go via a Temporary Work Permit if you can find a job, but your best bet sounds like Bunac which is a one year work permit for people aged under 30. Have a look at the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) for more information about how to immigrate to Canada and about Bunac, you'll soon figure it all out!

Hope that helps and good luck.