Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

are they processing it or have the chucked it?

are they processing it or have the chucked it?

Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:06 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default are they processing it or have the chucked it?

i mailed our original application using registered post, and after not being able to track the application, i called canada post and they told me they had no record of it. so, we decided to start from scratch and sent our application again, using DHL.

meanwhile, the original papers did arrive, but was returned to us because something was missing.
we expected this to happen and made sure that the second application was perfect.

now i'm curios, will they process the couriered application or chuck it out? (they stated that once they returned our paperwork they will hold no record of our application)
our thoughts are that we ignore the returned application as they have received the second with DHL and just wait for that to be processed.

has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are they processing it or have the chucked it?

Hi
If they have returned your application as something was missing, there is a liklihood that they will also return the DHL one if you have not addressed the 'missing part', which I assume you hadn't.....just sending them an identical one to the first one sent, believing that the first one got lost. The DHL one may slip through the net if someone else looks at it.....if it is not something major missing that is.

I am afraid you are just going to have to wait to see if this one does come back and if it does, then make sure when the 3rd one goes...that nothing is missing.
Hope this helps
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
i mailed our original application using registered post, and after not being able to track the application, i called canada post and they told me they had no record of it. so, we decided to start from scratch and sent our application again, using DHL.

meanwhile, the original papers did arrive, but was returned to us because something was missing.
we expected this to happen and made sure that the second application was perfect.

now i'm curios, will they process the couriered application or chuck it out? (they stated that once they returned our paperwork they will hold no record of our application)
our thoughts are that we ignore the returned application as they have received the second with DHL and just wait for that to be processed.

has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:40 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
If they have returned your application as something was missing, there is a liklihood that they will also return the DHL one if you have not addressed the 'missing part', which I assume you hadn't.....just sending them an identical one to the first one sent, believing that the first one got lost. The DHL one may slip through the net if someone else looks at it.....if it is not something major missing that is.

I am afraid you are just going to have to wait to see if this one does come back and if it does, then make sure when the 3rd one goes...that nothing is missing.
Hope this helps
lol
Stef
the DHL one is not identical to the first because we realised our mistake after sending the first one. the DHL application is complete and absolutely correct. i'm just worried that they'll see that they sent our first application back and therefore ignore the second which actually arrived in CA 7 days prior to them returning the first app!

must be that diff people dealt with the two apps and that all we need to do is wait and see, as you suggested.
thanks for your reply!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:04 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as they hold no record of your first application they won't know that they sent it back when they open the second application (if you get me?).

So basically your second application to them will be a fresh application.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:10 pm
happy daisy

Originally Posted by Kaye.
Seeing as they hold no record of your first application they won't know that they sent it back when they open the second application (if you get me?).

So basically your second application to them will be a fresh application.
thanks Kaye, i was hoping that would be the case.
i will now sit back, relax, and sip some wine while we wait...
:0)
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:12 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Kaye, i was hoping that would be the case.
i will now sit back, relax, and sip some wine while we wait...
:0)
Hope it all goes well for you
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thats good........they should just start this one afresh....if they have kept any info about the previous one, they will just assume you are very quick returning what they asked for.....almost Psychic!...lol....
Good luck and enjoy the wine
lol
Stef

the DHL one is not identical to the first because we realised our mistake after sending the first one. the DHL application is complete and absolutely correct. i'm just worried that they'll see that they sent our first application back and therefore ignore the second which actually arrived in CA 7 days prior to them returning the first app!

must be that diff people dealt with the two apps and that all we need to do is wait and see, as you suggested.
thanks for your reply!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:43 am
happy daisy

thanks all