Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is there a time limit to send passports after PPR request?

Is there a time limit to send passports after PPR request?

Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is there a time limit to send passports after PPR request?

Hey no worries...I know what you mean about the wait...Years of nothing and then a flourish of activity...If only the process was more open and communicative but seeing as they are getting a wiggle on with things recently we shouldn't really complain...You are definitely in a pickle though. I would still suggest trying to get your lawyer to be proactive and communicating the situation before it happens...I am no expert but I just think it might be more successful if they no in advance rather than trying to hold CHC up when they are ready to finish off your application...
Of course you wouldn't want to finish everyones holidays early and understandably so..I am just not aware of reading on here about anyone getting an extension although I don't read all the threads so could easily be wrong..
Not much else to suggest but whatever you decide to do I hope it doesn't spoil everyones time together..
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Hi just to add my question to this thread, I'm looking ahead rather optomistically at this point as we are just submitting our full application after receiving our 120 day letter.
Regarding PPR, my wife is airline cabin crew for Virgin Atlantic who do long haul flights all the time, when/if she submits her passport how does she go on for work as she obviously needs it for her job??
Thanks in advance

Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Wow..that is an interesting question and one which I have no idea as to the answer of....One possible solution would be that she has to take a holiday and you then take your passports to the CHC one Thursday and pick up 2 weeks after that...Thats the quickest way but it seems crazy to need to take time of for it and to not even be on holiday...Maybe you should drop a line to CHC in advance and see what response you get...Certainly seems like a very valid question.
Good luck and let us know
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Wow..that is an interesting question and one which I have no idea as to the answer of....One possible solution would be that she has to take a holiday and you then take your passports to the CHC one Thursday and pick up 2 weeks after that...Thats the quickest way but it seems crazy to need to take time of for it and to not even be on holiday...Maybe you should drop a line to CHC in advance and see what response you get...Certainly seems like a very valid question.
Good luck and let us know
Cheers
Tim
Thanks Tim, will do, its still a way off happening yet but I'll be sure to post our solution unless someone comes up with something!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

No worries...I think that its always better to plan ahead in these situations..Is there no way that she could switch to just doing flights in the UK for a couple of weeks where I guess she wouldn't need her passport? Although not sure if Virgin do that city hoppers or whatever they are as that might be all BA?
Good luck anyway
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

No worries...I think that its always better to plan ahead in these situations..Is there no way that she could switch to just doing flights in the UK for a couple of weeks where I guess she wouldn't need her passport? Although not sure if Virgin do that city hoppers or whatever they are as that might be all BA?
Good luck anyway
Cheers
Tim
Nah Virgin only do long haul!!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Just wondering (and sort of planning ahead)...

We are hoping to receive PPR any time soon (it's been such a long time already). I am in Canada (on holiday basis) with son (he is on study permit), rest of family in UK, but visiting us soon.

If PPR comes through whilst they are here in Canada (staying until August) would we have to worry about a time limit in which we would have to send our passports in? - Which we obviously can't do while we are all here!
I received my passport request via email on Friday (June 12th). The attached info clearly states I must respond within 45 days of the date of their letter. So for me, the time limit was 45 days.

Regards,
abaddon
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Maybe you could ask your consultant if your passports could be sent to Ottawa instead if you are still in Canada? Might be worth a shot?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by luvmykids
Maybe you could ask your consultant if your passports could be sent to Ottawa instead if you are still in Canada? Might be worth a shot?
You can only get your COPR from the office that is processing the application.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by abaddon
I received my passport request via email on Friday (June 12th). The attached info clearly states I must respond within 45 days of the date of their letter. So for me, the time limit was 45 days.
Regards,
abaddon
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by luvmykids
Good idea, but as PMM said -
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You can only get your COPR from the office that is processing the application.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi The Canes,
We recently received our PPR and I have just looked at our letter for you...If you need anymore confirmation that it is definitely 60 days then I can confirm that our letter says 60 days.
There is just a very simple form to fill in that goes with the passports and you need to send in more photos. The form just asks for passport numbers, eye colour, height, first name and last name so thats all pretty straightforward. Pictures are the usual, white background and very similar to passport size.
When are you planning on being out of the country from? Without knowing your holiday plans then I would guess that even if your PPR request came shortly then if you are all back at the beginning of August then you might be OK?
If you are sending the passports in via special delivery then they will get them the next day...
That being said, if your immigration lawyer is in Canada like ours was then you will lose a week or so in the time it takes for the PPR to get from UK to Canada before you hear you have the PPR.
Not sure what to suggest really..Has your immigration lawyer given you any advice..I know some people who are in Canada have had their passports couriered over etc but I certainly wouldn't feel happy doing that and potentially being stranded in another country without my passport...
I would expect that if your background checks are all completed then you could receive your PPR imminently but as you didn't receive a joint medical request and "send your passport 30 days after" they hadn't finished your checks when they sent the medical requests out..
Its a shame that what should really be good news is messing up your plans for your holiday...What are the chance of coming back a bit early if need be if your request does come through? If not then I'd get your immigration lawyer to sort things out and get them to send in a letter to CHC highlighting the circumstances in a proactive manner as opposed to trying to resolve it after the PPR arrives.
Good luck anyway and I hope it doesn't spoil the holiday for you all.
Cheers
Tim
How many more photos do they request at the passport stage, they have already had six each from us, twenty four in total.....it's starting to cost a packet
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Another two each!