Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is there anything we can do other than wait?

Is there anything we can do other than wait?

Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:55 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything we can do other than wait?

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
I am not sure if you are responding to my post or not but I am referring to getting confirmation that the medical request has not gone missing not "Pestering CHC"....If they sent in their updates in January, then as it is now nearly October with no word then that is what I would be doing especially, as I put, that I have seen a few posts on here where peoples letters have gone missing...I would be wanting to check..They are in the final stages now and it would be a shame to be waiting for a letter to arrive that never comes...
Well that is what I would do in this situation
Cheers
Tim
No wasn't aimed at your post. Just a general comment - CHC London don't like to be contacted, the OP has emailed them 3 or 4 times in the past with no reply, what does that tell you.....

In this case maybe the med request letter has been lost in the post, and contact is necessary. I would try sending a letter or fax. CHC and email don't seem to mix... Other option is to call the immigration line as OP is within Canada - might grease the wheels a little if you get someone helpful....
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

I have read that some people have had success with leaving a message on the answering service and if they judge it to be worthy of response then they will do so...I don't believe it would do any harm to trya and leave a message or send a fax to highlight the fact that the medical request has not been received..At least they would look into the file and if something has gone missing it would trigger a reaction....if they look into it and determine there isn't a problem and don't respond then at least that would give me some confidence that it hasn't gone missing...Well thats my thinking anyway..
I believe the contact number will be on the website but there are a load of menus to go through to leave a message...
Dieseltank - Please let us know how you get on...Wishing you luck and hoping that you get your med request soon
All the best
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Below is a link to the contact details for the visa office in London, should you wish to do so:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dieseltank
thanks for all your advice, really appreciated.

I'll send another email to see if we hear anything back this time. After receiving our 90 day letter in Jan, we sent all our updated info in Feb as we had to wait for new police checks. Saying that from the trackitt forum it seems that we are still looking like we are well behind the rest of the people on there (I appreciate the Trackitt is only a representation of those who have entered their info, but its still our only guide)

I will also look for the tread with the contact number on - please let me know if you know the best to hunt for it would be.

Thanks
Hi there,

We're on the same timeline as you and we had our meds request at the end of July so I guess if I were in your shoes I would have emailed CHC, never know it may have got lost in the post - its happened to a few people on the forum...
All the best!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for everyones advice, and the link.

To contact, or not to contact seems to be running theme in lots of the threads. Its the perfect thing for CHC to spread the idea that contacting them will be detrimental to your application, a genius and effective way to cut their emails over night.

I will try and email again (or will 5 emails be an automatic decline on their naughty email scale) but I may take up Rob 999's idea of contact the immigration hot-line here in Canada... you never know they might be able to get some information for me.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dieseltank
thanks for everyones advice, and the link.

To contact, or not to contact seems to be running theme in lots of the threads. Its the perfect thing for CHC to spread the idea that contacting them will be detrimental to your application, a genius and effective way to cut their emails over night.

I will try and email again (or will 5 emails be an automatic decline on their naughty email scale) but I may take up Rob 999's idea of contact the immigration hot-line here in Canada... you never know they might be able to get some information for me.
I've always found calling that number here in Canada quite good, they seem quite helpful and courteous. Hopefully, you'll have (or have had) a similar experience.