Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is there any way of finding out the status of your application

Is there any way of finding out the status of your application

Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:07 am
Just Joined

chris Be is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there any way of finding out the status of your application

Hi everybody, I submitted my paperwork 15 Dec 2009, it was signed for at the CIC on the 21 Dec 2009, as yet we have had no correspondence as to the state of play; How will I know if it is being dealt with, I have included my AEO, is it best to watch my bank account for the money coming out or do they email you??

Many Thanks

Chris
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there any way of finding out the status of your application

Originally Posted by chris Be
Hi everybody, I submitted my paperwork 15 Dec 2009, it was signed for at the CIC on the 21 Dec 2009, as yet we have had no correspondence as to the state of play; How will I know if it is being dealt with, I have included my AEO, is it best to watch my bank account for the money coming out or do they email you??

Many Thanks

Chris
Is this to London or to Central Intake in Sydney?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

cooldude is an unknown quantity at this point

try this if it helps

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/aut...te.do?app=ecas

Regards
CD
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:11 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think ecas will work until you have the confirmation letter with a file number etc will it? Even then its seldom updated and ambiguous when it is...
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:31 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
I dont think ecas will work until you have the confirmation letter with a file number etc will it? Even then its seldom updated and ambiguous when it is...
That is correct. They do seem to be updating it more often now though - at least on some cases...!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:05 am
Just Joined

It was sent to Sydney NS, Thanks everybody
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:08 am

They are working on a 67 day (give or take a day) turnaround at the moment. We had one in on 16th Novem and heard back on 21st Jan by e-mail.

Have you checked it hasn't been caught by your spam filter?

Also, did you have confirmation that it was actually delivered to them?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:11 am
Just Joined

I posted it royal mail sign for on delivery we posted on the 15 Dec and it was showing signed for on the 21 Dec, I have been checking spam and bank account every day as I opted to pay by my visa card.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:13 am

I posted it royal mail sign for on delivery we posted on the 15 Dec and it was showing signed for on the 21 Dec, I have been checking spam and bank account every day as I opted to pay by my visa card.
If it was 21st Dec then you should hear back from them on 26th February - so don't panic too much yet.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks Amy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road

Many Thanks

Chris
Chris,

Mine took around 90 days. You can access the eCas once you've received your letter with you 'B' number. It can be a long old process!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by alspackman
Chris,

Mine took around 90 days. You can access the eCas once you've received your letter with you 'B' number. It can be a long old process!
I posted mine on 5/11/09, and it was delivered to CIC on 12/11/09.

I'm currently sitting at 77 days (inc weekends). Not heard anything either from email (spam and junk folders) and checked my Mastercard activity, and nothing there neither.

I'm getting a bit anxious!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Seems to be a lot of bureaucracy and making people wait for no apparent reason, all it would take is simple courtesy to send a email reply, even if its a generated email.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:05 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be a lot of bureaucracy and making people wait for no apparent reason, all it would take is simple courtesy to send a email reply, even if its a generated email.
Ah, but if they do that then the official clock starts to tick... I suspect they have government targets they are supposed to hit for processing within a certain time, but thats probably the time from when they officially acknowledge receipt

Simply a case of this being a relatively low government priority, so they don't spend much on it Im afraid.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Yes, I have no doubt that your absolutely correct, good reckoning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.