Are there any GPs on the forum

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any GPs on the forum

For any other GP lurkers , they may know this, but Healthmatch ( and I would bet the above mentioned rural Alberta team) are at the RCGP conference today and tomorrow , BMJ careers fair London , October 3-4 and Birmingham Oct 10-11. From the way they've been advertising in the BMJ over the last few weeks , I wouldn't be surprised if Saskatchewan turn up as well.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeDe
Hello,

We are thinking about a move to Canada, but need to find out some honest views on being a GP over there, things like working conditions and pay, also are people fairly welcoming of British Doctors.
Your first priorities are to check:

1. Are your medical qualifications recognised in Canada, and specifically in the province/territory you would like to work in?; and
2. Do you have to go there on temporary status first (ie, with little or no security) and is that a problem for you?

Last time I checked, Australia was more "welcoming" to British doctors but obviously it may not be the right solution for you.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We need GPs in Ontario too, please come here!