Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Thanks for the help now where do I send forms

Thanks for the help now where do I send forms

Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks for the help now where do I send forms

Thanks for the help I've finally finished all the forms and they are ready to send.

But......... I have one last question about where to send the completed paperwork.

Both my wife and I are currently living in Cyprus, within the Sovereign Base Area. For all intense and purposes, it's a small area still under sovereign rule.
The reason I'm here is with the British Forces.

What I need to know is does my wife send all the paperwork to CPC Mississauga? Or do we simply send the forms to the CHC London, England, as that is where I am considered to be a permenant resident and living.

Thank you

Lee
Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks for the help now where do I send forms

Assuming your wife is sponsoring you, you send them to CPC Mississauga.
Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Thanks for the help I've finally finished all the forms and they are ready to send.

But......... I have one last question about where to send the completed paperwork.

Both my wife and I are currently living in Cyprus, within the Sovereign Base Area. For all intense and purposes, it's a small area still under sovereign rule.
The reason I'm here is with the British Forces.

What I need to know is does my wife send all the paperwork to CPC Mississauga? Or do we simply send the forms to the CHC London, England, as that is where I am considered to be a permenant resident and living.

Thank you

Lee
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Thank you
Just wasn't too sure with both of us being out of Canada.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Jim - At visa application stage do they need to send them to CIC London, assuming they are British citizens?

Interstingly, when looking at the CIC visa office list:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/offices/apply-where.html

CIC have forgotten to include the Sovereign Base Areas of Cyprus (a British overseas territory) on their list of offices, when they have included virtually every other country and territory under the sun (and some places that are legally not even territories, like Lord Howe Island which is part of the state of NSW in Australia). Cyprus itself is within the jurisdiction of Damascus, and I'd think it would be better for any British citizens on the island to apply to London instead.

Jeremy