Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

THANK YOU B-E!!! (PR Visas received)

THANK YOU B-E!!! (PR Visas received)

Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

melanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nice
Default THANK YOU B-E!!! (PR Visas received)

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to each and everyone here for making this forum so very helpful.

You guys are amazing -- Jim Humphries, PMM, Christmasoompa, Lins and Stef, Iaink; Aviator; just to name a few but really to everyone who has ever posted -- your questions and/or responses really helped me throughout the past 14 months.

Today, by the Grace of God, my family and I received our passports with PR Visas in them!!!

Please find my timeline posted below, for those still waiting. Hope it helps you all out.

Also, if anyone needs to ask about my application process/experience, please reply on this post or send me a PM. I will be happy to share my experience going through the process. Just my small way of paying back to BE.

Finally, for those still in the process, I will pray that you all get your Visas soon and that we shall all meet in Canada some day.

God bless,

Mel

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

FSW Cat1 : NOC 0111

Initial application to CIO : Nov 13, 2009

120-day letter : Jan 21, 2010

Full application to Visa Office : May 14, 2010

Medicals Requested : June 29, 2010

Medicals Done : July 29, 2010

Medicals Sent : August 9, 2010

Passport Request : Jan 17, 2011

Passport Submitted : Jan 26, 2011

Passport Returned with Visas : Jan 26, 2011
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough
Default Re: THANK YOU B-E!!! (PR Visas received)

Congratulations!

It is always a comfort to know other families are going through the same stresses and strains as we are. The real experiences of other families help when you read that they have succecded and help you achieve.

Good luck.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mickey690 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations

That was really fast. Your timeline started out the same as ours but then it just went so fast after you sent in your full application

EDIT: Just wondering what visa office your application was sent to. I'm guessing for it being that quick it's not London
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:31 am
Just Joined

melanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nicemelanie_chen is just really nice

Hi Mickey....I applied through the Singapore Visa Office.

The timelines are very curious to me too. What I've observed is, most applicants to Singapore VO get meds requests 5-6 months after full docs submission. But after meds are submitted, the passport request comes along in about 1 month.

In my case, my meds request came through just a little more than a month after full docs submission. But after meds were sent in, I had to wait 5 months for passport requests. I believe my meds results were OK coz they didn't ask for anymore tests or anything. Maybe the security checks dragged mine out longer? Another possibility is that this office met their quota of Visas to be issued in 2010, and had to wait til Jan 2011 to issue my Visas. Could be any number of things I suppose.

Take care and all the best! I look forward to you posting on here that you've gotten your Visas too!

Mel

Originally Posted by Mickey690
Congratulations

That was really fast. Your timeline started out the same as ours but then it just went so fast after you sent in your full application

EDIT: Just wondering what visa office your application was sent to. I'm guessing for it being that quick it's not London