TFWP and LMIA timeline advice

Old Apr 16th 2020, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default TFWP and LMIA timeline advice

Hi all,

I hope you’re all keeping safe and well.

I was hoping someone maybe able to shed some light... My husband was offered a plumbing job with an employer willing to apply for an LMIA in Ontario. The forms were submitted for an LMIA for a permanent residency application back in January. Nothing has been accepted on rejected so far.

At the end of February or beginning of March we decided we would come out to Canada on temporary work permit. The company then applied for a temporary worker LMIA. Again, nothing has been heard. We’re obviously getting a bit worried now.

My understanding is that plumbers are eligible for the speed 10 day service. Please could someone confirm this? I realise very little is being done with the current climate but it would handy to have some idea where we’ll be living later in the year...

Does anyone have any experience with TFWP are we guaranteed a work permit with an positive LMIA? I also read somewhere that we do not need apply online for a permit we can simply turn up the airport and be granted one on the spot - is this correct?

Thank you