Wikiposts

TFW Program - working hours

Old Dec 30th 2015, 5:56 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TFW Program - working hours

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I take everyone's point on the lives of TFW's on board as I that is how my OH and I started our journey here, however in our store there are 15ish people, 3 or 4 of those are TFW's. 4 of us are being picked to lose hours, all older ladies, one only works occasionally and doesn't really mind losing shifts (but that is changing as her dividends are no longer paying what they were), another does two days a week and is the owners good friend, again, she is happy to not come in most times and another works the same shifts as me but also gets EI. I can't help but think my shifts get cut as my OH earns an OK wage, but hey, I work because I need to earn not for the fun of it and I still have bills the same as everyone else, if they need to cut 10 hours a week, why are they not being cut evenly?

At the end of the day I have to stand up for me and not the TFW's, everyone knows the risks of living in another country on a temporary permit.

Next Week they have decided to close early to have a post Christmas party, hence why they want to cut more hours from me - I'm not even going as I have a prior commitment!!!!
If you are looking to pursue this you could discuss it with the employer or contact labour standards for advice.
Old Dec 30th 2015, 6:14 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TFW Program - working hours

Oh I will be talking to my manager in the 1st instance, when I'm back to work, as I've done my whole 2 days this week