Testing the waters/IEC?

Old May 7th 2016, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Bubble90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Testing the waters/IEC?

Thanks for the guidance been reading all the IEC info online and husband has made his MyCIC account and submitted the info needed to be added to the working holiday pool. I suppose we will just take it from there and see how things go..

I've read that you will need to show proof that you have every intention of returning home upon entry. How can we prove this if and when the time comes? We are not home owners (which is why we want this experience now) so we will obviously be giving up the lease on our current rental before we leave. So it would appear to anyone else that we have no ties back home, other than my parents which I wouldn't exactly call ties and our bank accounts. Is this going to make our entry difficult?

Also, does anyone know what sort of medical insurance I should be looking up as a family? Will ours be seperate from my husbands if he is on an IEC (not sure if it matters). Or will we be looking for one policy to cover the whole family? Does anyone know where I can find more info on medical insurance? I know I'm asking a lot here I've browsed through the forum trying to find answers but I'm just confusing myself further! Really appreciate the help!
Old May 7th 2016, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you made a profile too?

S
Old May 7th 2016, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Yes I've made a profile but my passport is due for renewal so I need to get that sorted before I can do anything else. Should have it by the end of the month hopefully though
Old May 8th 2016, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Default IEC and family questions.

Just wondering if there is anyone who has travelled to (or are travelling to) Canada on an IEC and bringing their family that could answer some of my questions? Thanks

My husband has submitted his info to the Working holiday IEC pool (Irish Passport) I too will be doing this once my new passport arrives. I know this is no guarantee we will be invited but I like to have everything figured out.

My son is 2 years old and we have another baby due in July. As our family live in Canada we are wanting to take our family to Canada for a year before our eldest starts school incase we decide we too would like to move permanmently.

I am just wondering who else has done this ( I hear of people doing it a lot) and how they found the whole process and can maybe advise me on what I need to research.

We will be staying with family (permenment residents that own their property) for the duration of our stay.

I know we need medical insurance and I have been obtaining quotes and I am wondering as me and my husband would be on IECs and children would be accompanying us as visitors. Does this allow me to register my children with a GP provided I have medical insurance or does that depend on what our policy includes?

I am also wondering what I can use as proof we intend to return home to Ireland. We are not home owners so we will be giving up the lease on our rental when we go. We don't own anything of particular value besides our car that will be left to my husbands parents (who will continue the repayments) when we go. So how else, other than our bank accounts, can I prove we intend to return home?

Should everything go smoothly and we do decide that we quite like Canada and would like to stay, will it then become difficult for us to obtain permanment visas (or any other form of visa) from inside Canada? Especially as our children are there as visitors and would then need study permits.

I know quite a few people who have travelled to Canada on IECs but none that have children so I have been online trying to gather up as much info as possible but there is a lot out there so it becomes quite confusing.

Thanks for any help! Sorry for the long post!
Old May 8th 2016, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC and family questions.

Lots of answers were given in your Testing the Waters thread.

The IEC for Irish citizens is a 2 year work permit and as you are both applying you can bring family members (children) if selected.
If you both get selected then both can work which is a bonus. If only one gets selected then the other could only work if they had a job in skill level 0, A or B after securing a job in Canada.
You could also find an employer willing to spend $1000 to apply for a LMIA.
No return tickets needed on the IEC as its a 2 yr work permit.
CBSA would assume you would leave after the 2 yrs unless you had applications in for PR by other routes.
Children would be given visitor records for the 2 yrs so they could attend school if required. As for health care that will vary between provinces.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testing the waters/IEC?

I've merged your two threads so that it's easier for you to keep all the information in one place.

Good luck with your applications!

We've quite a lot of information in our IEC thread that might be of use, though it's a bit of a long read, lol. You might want to make a cuppa and have a browse.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...2016-a-868659/

Old May 8th 2016, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Thank you! I have a bit of trouble finding them again on my phone lol

Looks like I will be up all night reading! Thanks everyone for info
Old May 8th 2016, 10:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubble90
Thank you! I have a bit of trouble finding them again on my phone lol

Looks like I will be up all night reading! Thanks everyone for info
If it helps, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and there's a 'full site' option which will take you to the normal view rather than the mobile view. Then search bar and other functionality will then be there for you.

HTH.