Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

tempory residency refused, asked to apply for restoration within 90 days help

Wikiposts

tempory residency refused, asked to apply for restoration within 90 days help

Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

nickybear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tempory residency refused, asked to apply for restoration within 90 days help

Please help, temporary residency extention has been denied, says i have not provided proof of entry into Canada. Which i presumed a photo copy of my passport would have done that, confused.
Been asked to either leave the country or apply for restoration within 90 days and pay the $200 fee.
Please help as i dont have a clue what i am doing now and dont want to leave the country.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tempory residency refused, asked to apply for restoration within 90 days help

Originally Posted by nickybear
Please help, temporary residency extention has been denied, says i have not provided proof of entry into Canada. Which i presumed a photo copy of my passport would have done that, confused.
Been asked to either leave the country or apply for restoration within 90 days and pay the $200 fee.
Please help as i dont have a clue what i am doing now and dont want to leave the country.
What information DID you send with your application?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tempory residency refused, asked to apply for restoration within 90 days help

did you send a photocopy of your entry stamp?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thats what was missing, i thought id attached it to the document, but obviously it hadent. I managed to get through to them on the phone after several attempts and was told to fill in a new form and ask for restoration of status. I am now confused, as i wasnt told if that is all i have to do, or do i send a new form asking to extend my stay along with it, or wait to hear back from them and see what they say. Hence, this time i will not be sending it online, although it is quicker i shall be sending it by post. Also i am unsure if i need to fill in the additional information bit, as my visa has effectivly ran out although i am sending the forms in within the 90 day period. My poor poor head is frazzled. Hope you are able to answer my little niggles. Thanks Nicky
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

i have never had to apply for restoration of status but i would probably send everything along with a cover letter explaining it.

or try calling them again to clarify things
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

will do, thanks for your help. i soooo love this forum, used it many times even to search out good places to eat