Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Temporary Worker Option not showing

Temporary Worker Option not showing

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Temporary Worker Option not showing

Hello,

As you know my wife and I are in the pool for EE. Thanks to you, we were made aware that we didn't have to wait to get to Canada to start applying. Our original course is still TWP.

With regards to the TWP I am currently trying to complete, I am having trouble with it and wonder whether I can again fall on your expertise.

My issue is the Coming to Canada Wizard at the start of the application. It won't let you pick the application you want, it tells you the application available. The result of the wizard only offers OPW or IMP, not what we actually want, which is TWP!

I am sure I am doing something wrong here but would like some help in how to actually get the TWP option to show, or how to start one up.

I asked my wife if it was absolutely necessary to go down the TWP route, and she said yes after speaking with the recruitment agent.

I have included screenshots of the wizard so you know what answers we provided.

Thanks again,

Seeker

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Worker Option not showing

It looks like the problem is you're saying you're the spouse of a foreign worker, so it's directing you to the open work permit application. This is the TWP application page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...de-canada.html

I assume your wife has the LMIA now?

Tbh, you might find that you have PR before you can move on a TWP anyway given the current situation. If you want to apply beforehand (rather than just getting the TWP and OWP at the airport when you arrive), then processing time is likely to be even longer than normal with the current delays.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It looks like the problem is you're saying you're the spouse of a foreign worker, so it's directing you to the open work permit application. This is the TWP application page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...de-canada.html

I assume your wife has the LMIA now?

Tbh, you might find that you have PR before you can move on a TWP anyway given the current situation. If you want to apply beforehand (rather than just getting the TWP and OWP at the airport when you arrive), then processing time is likely to be even longer than normal with the current delays.
Hi Christmasoompa,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I did the form again just now and changed the answer to the question that asks if will be coming to Canada with a Spouse who will be working as a foreign worker to 'No', and now only offers me IMP.

We are still waiting on the LMIA confirmation, but it's due in the next couple of weeks. We will then be able to add it to the EE profile and get more points.

A concern is that Express Entry at the moment only seems to be for PNP and Experience Class applications only.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
We are still waiting on the LMIA confirmation, but it's due in the next couple of weeks.
You can't apply for the TWP until you have the LMIA.

A concern is that Express Entry at the moment only seems to be for PNP and Experience Class applications only.
Only in the past three weeks, I wouldn't worry about it yet, particularly as you wouldn't have got an invite anyway under those draws. Hopefully by the time the LMIA is granted they'll be back to inviting people under FSW as well.

Good luck.

Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

You can't apply for the TWP until you have the LMIA.

Only in the past three weeks, I wouldn't worry about it yet, particularly as you wouldn't have got an invite anyway under those draws. Hopefully by the time the LMIA is granted they'll be back to inviting people under FSW as well.

Good luck.
Thanks again!

Yes, I think that we are not going to apply online, as it's by far the slowest method of getting into Canada. 18 weeks, not counting for the COVID delay? No way!

We'll wait for the EE route to flourish. Hopefully, we can get our LMIA before they start inviting FSW to give us a better chance.

Also, once the LMIA comes, we will be PoE ready, so if they open the borders, we can just do a port of entry route. More reason not to do the online as I read (perhaps I'm incorrect here) that once you submit an online application, you can not finish it at a port.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Also, once the LMIA comes, we will be PoE ready, so if they open the borders, we can just do a port of entry route.
Has your wife had her medical? If so, then yes, once you've got the LMIA you're good to go.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Yes, she has her medical done and dusted. Thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, she has her medical done and dusted. Thanks!
All good then, just need that LMIA and for the crazy Covid situation to calm a bit.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

All good then, just need that LMIA and for the crazy Covid situation to calm a bit.

Best of luck.
Thanks! Yes, once that LMIA comes, we'll be cooking on gas!