Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Temporary work permit vs PR..please help

Temporary work permit vs PR..please help

Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Openoyster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary work permit vs PR..please help

Hi all-

I have a permanent resident PR application at Buffalo. I reached the final stage (medicals done, submitted, and received in Buffalo). I am waiting now for the passport request letter.

I also have a job offer which should start July 09.

If my PR application takes longer than expected and in order NOT to lose my job, can I apply for a work permit/visa while my PR application is still in process? While I am on my job at Canada, I will contiue waiting for my PR.

I read on some postings that the answer is YES..but my question is should I reveal the fact that a PR application is under processing when I apply for my temporary work permit/visa?

If yes, how can I show the dual intent ? Dual intent: intention of leaving the country after finishing the contract (as required for the temporary work permit) and the "hidden" concurrent intention to reside permanently in Canada based on the PR application. It seems that the two applications contradict each other.

This is just a precaution. I hope I will hear from Buffalo soon and I will not go through this. I appreciate any input.