Temporary Work Permit

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:15 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Question Temporary Work Permit

Hi,

How long does the application process take to get a temporary visa, sponsored by a Canadian Employer? Also can an accompanying common-law spouse work while in Canada?

Thanks
Helen
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:32 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Re: Temporary Work Permit

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Hi,

How long does the application process take to get a temporary visa, sponsored by a Canadian Employer? Also can an accompanying common-law spouse work while in Canada?

Thanks
Helen
Does anybody know where I can find this information out?

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:17 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Does anybody know where I can find this information out?

Thanks
When I did it in 99/00, the actual visa/WP only took a 4 days, I have read some accounts of 15 days on this site as well.

Check with some of the others here, but the HRDC Labor market opinion semms to take up to 3 months.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

As far as i am aware ONLY the person that the temp work visa is valid for can work. Not the spouse.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
As far as i am aware ONLY the person that the temp work visa is valid for can work. Not the spouse.
It takes about 4-6 weeks for HRSDC approval of the job offer. Probably a week to issue WP by CHC (depends on the office) unless it is a job offer that requires a medical exam. The spouse of WP holder can obtain an open work permit if the WP holder is in a skilled occupation see:http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf Sec. 5.39

PMM
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I Second PMM: that's how it works. Kids will get a study permit as well ... for a fee, of course.

Cheers, Stephen in Ontario

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

It takes about 4-6 weeks for HRSDC approval of the job offer. Probably a week to issue WP by CHC (depends on the office) unless it is a job offer that requires a medical exam. The spouse of WP holder can obtain an open work permit if the WP holder is in a skilled occupation see:http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf Sec. 5.39

PMM
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:03 am
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

PMM
Thanks for the link. That's one monster of a document!