Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Temporary Visitor extension.......

Temporary Visitor extension.......

Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:46 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of
Question Temporary Visitor extension.......

Hi all....

I have recently(Dec 13th) applied for an extension as a TR and looking at the CIC website today I see that the current processing time is 121 days.
I know that currently I'm on implied status but my question is this:
Assuming my application request is granted and I'm given another 6 months, when will those 6 months run from......is it the date I put on my application form, or will it be from the date that my application was processed?

I have searched the CIC website and can't find an answer, and after spending 50 minutes on the phone trying to get through to one of the CIC advisors I thought I'd ask on here instead.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:17 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Visitor extension.......

Hi

Originally Posted by leggy969
Hi all....

I have recently(Dec 13th) applied for an extension as a TR and looking at the CIC website today I see that the current processing time is 121 days.
I know that currently I'm on implied status but my question is this:
Assuming my application request is granted and I'm given another 6 months, when will those 6 months run from......is it the date I put on my application form, or will it be from the date that my application was processed?

I have searched the CIC website and can't find an answer, and after spending 50 minutes on the phone trying to get through to one of the CIC advisors I thought I'd ask on here instead.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Should be 6 months from the date your visitor permit expired.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:36 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Temporary Visitor extension.......

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Should be 6 months from the date your visitor permit expired.
Hmm.....ok, I feared this might be the answer, and by the time I get a reply from CIC it will be time to submit another extension request!!

Ho hum.....