Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

temporary visa for 7 months old kid of a PR

Wikiposts

temporary visa for 7 months old kid of a PR

Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: temporary visa for 7 months old kid of a PR

hI

Originally Posted by mksam
Thanks PMM again for clarifying this doubt. link that you have given above really helps me. Normally it is not accesible from cic web site (looks like it is hiden), but if we know the full path it is possible. So without your help I never find this.
I will summarise as follows.
My wife will travel along with me and relinquish permenant resident status at Port of Entry and get a temporary status.

I hope this can be done at POE, and there won't be any issue to get TRV?

Is there any formal way to relinquish PR status (from India)?
can I approach high commision with IMM 5539B (Declaration: Relinquishment of Permanent Resident Status/Residency
Obligation Met) ?
Yes, you approach the High Commission as per the instructions, but you might want to email them first.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:32 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is always a very bad idea for PR's who are not nationals of any visa waiver country to have child born outside Canada
Not at all related to OP but after reading stories in the news I am curious about a situation I could see arising (so this is only a hypothetical enquiry).

If a resident PR mother is transferred to the US to give birth due to lack of available facilities in Canada (and I've only read about this happening in BC and Alberta) and if the father is also resident PR in Canada, would the child be admitted on compassionate grounds irrespective of any medical condiiton that might otherwise make him/her inadmissable, would they be admitted automatically anyway because they were intended to be born in Canada, or would the family really be torn apart?

(I am not refering to people who chose to have their child south of the border.)
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

mksam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
hI

Yes, you approach the High Commission as per the instructions, but you might want to email them first.
I hope my wife will not face in departure order if she surrender the PR status for not meeting A28 conditions. I hope she can get temporary status for atleas 6 months.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:04 am
Just Joined

I hope my wife will not face in departure order if she surrender the PR status for not meeting A28 conditions. I hope she can get temporary status for atleas 6 months.
Please give throw light into above issue. My doubt is if she voluteerly explain that residency requirement is not meet. Does the officer issue a departure order immediately before alowing to enter canada. If they allow can the person apply for visitor permit?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Please give throw light into above issue. My doubt is if she voluteerly explain that residency requirement is not meet. Does the officer issue a departure order immediately before alowing to enter canada. If they allow can the person apply for visitor permit?
You should read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...enf/enf23e.pdf Section 7.10
Where the difficulty may lie, is that if she voluntarily relinquishes her PR status, then she would be treated as a foreign national. As she is not from a visa exempt country, should would then require a TRV to be admitted.

As explained earlier, if she wishes to visit Canada, then she be approaching CHC Delhi to relinquish her PR status and applying for a TRV.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

This can be a serious problem if they didn't allow her inside the country.
Does the immigration officer has the right to issue any kind of document to go inside the country and then apply for visitors permit?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

This can be a serious problem if they didn't allow her inside the country.
Does the immigration officer has the right to issue any kind of document to go inside the country and then apply for visitors permit?
Not really, if she is found not to have maintained her PR status, the she is issued a removal order and admitted for 30 days to appeal. If she relinquishes her status at the Port of entry then she would probably be refused as for not having a TRV and returned home.