Wikiposts

Temporary or Permanent?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

toms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary or Permanent?

Firstly I would like to say sorry if this post exists as Ive not found it

But I am sixteen and looking to move to Alberta or BC with my mum, Calgary being favourite.

She is a skilled worker (Chef) and basically we would just like to know which would be best to move there with... we do not want to be waiting for five years like people say you do with a permanent residence visa, so this leaves us with the temp option then getting fast tracked, we were just wondering how risky is this and could we have to go back to the UK with nothing?

But as well as this wouldnt it mean that me being sixteen on a temp visa that I couldnt get a job?

Thanks for the help
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Temporary or Permanent?

your mother would be the applicant and you the dependant son, which is entitled , upon granted the WP, to a Open Work Permit.
The WP route is the more doable in my opinion
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
your mother would be the applicant and you the dependant son, which is entitled , upon granted the WP, to a Open Work Permit.
The WP route is the more doable in my opinion
The dependent son is NOT entitled to an open work permit.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The dependent son is NOT entitled to an open work permit.
My bad!
Will the son at least accepted in Canada and allowed to stay if the mother will have a WP?
If so, which Visa will he have?
Just curious.
Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Until age 18 he will be eligible for open study permit.