Temp Working Permit and Family

Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Bob Khag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp Working Permit and Family

Hi All

Can someone please help me with the following questions.

1. Can I apply for a TWP even though I have no job offer?
2. How long does it take to get a TWP (im in London UK)
3. If I get a TWP and manage to get a job in Canada can I take my family and kids with me and will my kids be able to attend school in Canada?

Many thanks
Bob
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Working Permit and Family

As far as I am aware you need employer for work permit as most require LMO

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

Eligibility to apply from outside Canada

To apply for a work permit from outside Canada, you must submit the following documents:

* a job offer from a Canadian employer
* a completed application, that shows that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and
* written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.
o In most cases, it is up to your employer to get that written confirmation. Information on the labour market opinion is found under Information for Canadian employers on the right-hand side of this page.
o In some cases, you do not need a labour market opinion. (See Jobs that require a work permit but no labour market opinion.)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/ap...le.asp#outside

Also info on family in the links
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Working Permit and Family

As Silverdragon said, you can't get a TWP without a job offer, plus a Labour Market Opinion.

You first of all need to find a job offer, then the potential employer has to apply for the LMO (to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a suitable Canadian to do it), and only once you've got both those things can you apply for a TWP.

You can either apply for the TWP via London visa office (assuming you are a UKC of course) which takes about 8 weeks, or at Port of Entry - details of both are in the Wiki. And you can take spouse/partner and dependent children with you on a TWP.

I would suggest you grab a cuppa and have a good read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to understand how TWP's/LMO's etc work.

Good luck.