Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Temp work visa - genuine job offer assessment

Temp work visa - genuine job offer assessment

Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:24 am
Just Joined

spacebunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp work visa - genuine job offer assessment

When applying from UK for a Canadian temp work visa, the HRSDC assesses several things, one being whether the job offer is genuine or not. I've had a look on the HRSDC website and found a link to Assessment for Arranged Employment Opinions -

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw...ess.shtml#loeh

is this also what they do when a temp work visa is applied for? Does it matter if family members (Canadian Citizens) are involved in running the business who are employing the temp worker? All formalities of advertising the position etc will have been followed to the book.

Last edited by spacebunny; Nov 21st 2006 at 1:33 am. Reason: broken link
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:38 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp work visa - genuine job offer assessment

Originally Posted by spacebunny
When applying from UK for a Canadian temp work visa, the HRSDC assesses several things, one being whether the job offer is genuine or not. I've had a look on the HRSDC website and found a link to Assessment for Arranged Employment Opinions -

is this also what they do when a temp work visa is applied for? Does it matter if family members (Canadian Citizens) are involved in running the business who are employing the temp worker? All formalities of advertising the position etc will have been followed to the book.
Your in the wrong part for what you need for a temporary work permit.

AEO only applies for getting extra points for PR application, for a work permit you need a positive Labour Market Opinion, which has tighter requirements and as you touched upon, the position needs to be well advertised etc etc.

I would expect HRDSC to take an especially critical look in the case where the only person they found to meet there stringent requirements just happened to be a family member. What sort of job is it anyway?

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/supperimm.shtml
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:21 am
Just Joined

spacebunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Your in the wrong part for what you need for a temporary work permit.

AEO only applies for getting extra points for PR application, for a work permit you need a positive Labour Market Opinion, which has tighter requirements and as you touched upon, the position needs to be well advertised etc etc.

I would expect HRDSC to take an especially critical look in the case where the only person they found to meet there stringent requirements just happened to be a family member. What sort of job is it anyway?

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/supperimm.shtml

IT and interactive web development. My brother and I both studied the same course, hence our close match in skills. I'm just really trying to get an idea what exactly the HRSDC Assessment for Labour Market Opinion entails, but get the feeling that it may be wise for me to make a visit to an employment or immigration lawyer. It's all so complicated, I suppose that's what you pay them for
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

HRSDC doesn't care if it is your relative running the company that gave you job offer. It is visa post that will be concerned about it when you apply for work permit and it is visa post that will launch an investigation into the matter and it is visa post that may refuse work permit even if HRSDC issued positive LMO.

Originally Posted by spacebunny